✥ 18 | Unsorted

•• ☆ ••

Sidharth was annoyed. Minal and him had always shared a very close bond. They told each other what they couldn't tell the world. They shared their deepest fears, insecurities with each other. Seemingly that had changed. He couldn't belive she was telling an outsider about her feelings instead of him. 

He stormed out of the elevator. He marched towards his flat, pocketing out his keys.

"Sidharth,"

Surprised he turned around to find his mother standing there. His gaze drifted down to her hand which held a tiffin box.

"Maa," he said meeting her gaze.

"I thought of getting some dinner for you. I am sure you've been eating outside food for a long time."

"Maa, you didn't have to." Sidharth spoke up, looking away. He opened the door to his flat.

"Sidharth, I am your mother." 

"Maa, I am fine." He said. 

"You're not. Sachin told me that you ate pizza yesterday. Have you looked at yourself in the mirror. You look a decade older than your age. You freshen up, I will heat the food." Saying that's he walked past him, and ventured inside the dark apartment.

Sidharth stepped in behind her, and quickly switched on the lights.

"Go freshen up," his mother said walking towards the open kitchen.

Sidharth was tired to argue and frankly he was hungry as he had skipped lunch. He disappeared into the room. Minutes later he walked out dressed in a pair of cargo shorts and t-shirt. He was greeted with the aroma of desi ghee and Indian masalas. The aroma of home food was always different.

His mother had generously filled the plate with chapatis and two bowls, one filled with dal and the other with his favorite fried ladyfingers.  

"Eat, I will make something for your breakfast tomorrow," Saying that's he disappeared inside.

Sidharth sighed. He stared at the plate. He slowly tore a piece of the roti and dipped it in the dal. His usually silent home was filled with noises from the kitchen as his mother went about cooking. 

"I have made some poha, once it cools you can keep it in the fridge. Heat it and eat it in the morning." His mother instructed as he entered the kitchen to keep his plate.

"Maa, I can make eggs." 

"You can't eat eggs everyday." She said turning to him.

"Sidharth, come back home."

He stared at her. "Maa, this is my home too."

"No this is just a property that you own. There's a difference in home and a house."

"Maa, please. I don't have the energy to have this conversation with you right now."

"Sidharth, I mean it. You should come back home."

"Maa, if my food is what you are worried about, let me tell you that I plan to hire a cook. He's going to come tomorrow evening."

His mother looked at him defeated. "You think that's all I care about? I care about you Sidharth. You keep saying you are fine. But are you really fine? Who are you lying to? You're miserable" Her voice became a notch louder towards the end.

"Maa, there's no point of this now. If you really cared for me you would have told me Sanjh was pregnant." Sidharth shouted back. 

"Sidharth, what's the point of bringing that up now?"