✥ 38 | Dawn

Not proof read, so feel free to point out errors.

"Sanjh, what happened?" Sidharth asked entering the room. While Sanjh was gone to talk to her parents Nirali Oswal had called him in to meet her legal advisor who was at her home.

There was some paperwork to wrap up. By the time he was back, his father was home and so was Raunak. His mother had took him to the corner and asked him to not tell their father anything until they had a proper conversation with Sanjh.

Sidharth hadn't wasted a minute after his parents had stepped out of the door to take Raunak to the park. He had noticed the gloom on Sanjh's face and it scared him. It was in that awful minute that he realized he didn't want Sanjh to go away. He couldn't bare that. The thought itself was torturing.

Sanjh quietly sat on the bed.

"Sanjh," he walked up to the bed and kneeled on one knee before her. His hand held hers. "What happened?"

"They asked me to chose," Sanjh said slowly. Sidharth gulped. "Between them and you." Sidharth released the breath he had been holding. He wasn't really surprised. He had an inkling that his father-in-law wouldn't make it easy.

Sanjh loved her parents. She'd never hurt them. It meant that she would chose them... and it made sense, they were her family. He got up and sat beside her on the bed. A strange emotion was squeezing his heart.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know." She whispered sniffing. She had been crying, he could tell. He glanced at her, concerned. 

"You can continue to stay here... I will go." 

"No." Sanjh said, and after a brief pause she went on, "they want me to go with them."

Sidharth gulped. He wouldn't lose one but both the people who mattered to him. He curled his fist trying to contain the anger he felt. This wasn't fair to him. They were his family.

The family you left behind, a small voice whispered in his head.

Tell her she can't leave you. Tell her Ron needs you. Tell her she needs you. Another voice insisted in his head. Don't make it easy for her to leave.

Don't. It's her choice. In fact it's better if she leaves. Things may not work anyway. The other voice said.

"Sidharth," Sanjh said when he didn't say anything for a while. He seemed to be zoned out. She called him again but he didn't seem to have heard. She placed her hand on his arm and called out to him again.

Startled he turned to her.

She stared at him.

"It's okay if you chose to go away." He spoke up. He couldn't cheat her.

Sanjh's eyebrows drew closer and she gave him a perplexed look. "Sidharth, what are you saying?"

Sidharth had to do the right thing. He had enough guilt on his plate that he had to deal with. He couldn't add to it.

"They want the best for you, Sanjh. Maybe the distance will help you think. Maybe..." no he didn't truly want her to move on.

"So, you're just going to give up?" Sanjh asked disappointed. "You are willing to be absent from Raunak's life?"

"I will get used to it." He said, swallowing the hard lump down his throat. He couldn't fight her for Ron. He couldn't do that. It was not an option to separate Ron from her. Who was he kidding? He'd die without them. What would be the point of living if he didn't have them in his life?