✥ 40 | Bittersweet

Haven't proof read, please feel free to point out errors. Long Chapter ahead.

• ☆ •

Sanjh woke up to the vibrations and mild alarm tone of her phone. She quickly dismissed the alarm and sat up on the bed. She glanced at her son who seemed to be in deep slumber. Her gaze travelled beyond her son's sleeping figure to Sidharth. He was sleeping with his arm looped around Raunak.

A smile crept up her face. She had waited for a while last night but Sidharth hadn't come inside by then. She didn't know when she had slept off. She hadn't even heard him coming inside the room. She stealthily got up and walked to the bathroom. She didn't want to wake up the two sleeping beauties. 

About thirty minutes later Sanjh walked back into the room after makin the preparations for breakfast. She noticed a diary on the nightstand on Sidharth's side of the bed. She walked up to the nightstand and picked up the pen placed on the diary. Keeping the pen aside she picked the diary.

She was surprised as she flipped open the cover to the first page.

"Dear Sanjh,

I was not really big on this idea, but I thought it was worth a try. Okay, I am blank. I didn't know how you made your letter so poetic and nice. But I have all the time, sleep seems to be away. 

Okay, I can't to do this. I might rather try and sleep. 

Yours."

Sanjh smiled and glanced at him. She slowly flipped the page. She wasn't expecting anything more but the next paper was filled with words.

"Dear Sanjh,

I thought it's worth the try. But it's so damn hard. I just don't know what I should write. But today is a fresh start of our life together. And you had started writing those letters on our first night together and I thought it was fitting I started tonight. As it is I don't feel sleepy yet. 

Okay, so I am blank again. 

I have an idea. I will write a reply to your letter. 

Gosh, the way you describe our first meeting makes me feel like a hero from some movie. It's cute. And it makes me smile every time I read it. You wonder why I said yes? Really?

So time for a bit of a confession, I found you pretty. I know that's like obvious. But you were. And so damn shy. Like every time I thought we had a proper eye to eye look you'd look away.  Frankly, you were a mystery. You spoke so little, always had a polite smile on your face. It made me curious about you, about your nature, about what you thought. 

And those 'dates'! They were supposed to put to rest all my curiosities. But you were so reserved. And there was no way of knowing if you actually liked me. I didn't even know when and how I was just there trying hard to impress you. And then you said yes. And I guess I just felt I got lucky. 

I am so glad I said yes to you, Sanjh. 

I think I am the stupid one among us. It took me years to figure out you love me, when you have loved me from the time we were together. I am fucking idiot.