✥ 48 | Bandage

Dear Sanjh,

In your eight letter you've mentioned our first month anniversary so here's a confession, the reason why I took you out that night was to celebrate it. I didn't want to be the odd guy who made a big deal out of an one month anniversary so I never wished verbally. I was lowkey expecting you to say it in words, but you didn't say it either. That night was one of the best dates we've had. I think we should have had more dates like that where we actually spoke and got to know each other better.

I have so many memories from that night. You had your hair in a fancy braid and you wore that pretty pink top which was sleeveless. Have I ever mentioned that you look like a college going girl when you wear denims and tops. Or at least you used to. Don't take offense. All I mean is that... you look like a proper woman now. When we married it looked like I got myself a schoolgirl. :P and now you're a proper mom. 

You make a good mother Sanjh. It is so heartwarming to see you pamper Ron, scold him, hug him, talk like a child about rainbows and unicorns. Tonight when I said you behave like a single mother, I didn't mean that you're in any way wrong. Just that I wish you involved me as an equal in parenting. 

Sanjh, a part of me has always hated you for not telling me about him. It would have changed everything, Sanjh. I would chose to be with you and Ron. And even if I stayed for Ron, I would have realized over time what I feel for you. I would have looked past the anger and hurt. At least you should have spoken to me once Sanjh. I feel like a stupid for not trying harder, for giving up very soon. I should have chased you all the way to Jaipur. It would have made all the difference. Maybe we'd be happier now.

Either ways, I am happy we are together. I know, the past few years have created a gap between us that seems hard to bridge. Today evening, it felt like we'll never be able to bridge that gap. But you took initiative, you called out my behavior. It strangely felt nice. Because the Sanjh I knew would leave me alone and avoid a conversation. But you didn't and I am glad. Because a part of me wanted to share it with you, but I wasn't sure if you'd even understand. 

I think what happened to you years back is happening to me now... I can't stop myself from falling for you a little more every day. And no doubt it's scary, but I know it's worth it.

P.S. You always forgot to switch off the lights and the fan of the room before leaving. It's not a good habit, you know. Nonetheless, I got used to being the one to switch off the lights and fan after you. It's unsurprising that Ron has the habit too. 

Love,

Yours.

Sanjh couldn't help but read the letters again before she moved to read the next. She did it almost all the time, revisiting his letters. In doing so, she had noticed that in the recent letters he had started signing off with "love".  It somehow meant something to her.

She flipped the page to read the next.

Dear Sanjh,

Your letter nine had me grinning. You are seriously something else. Talking bout our first night... it wasn't that great honestly. Trust me, I was as skeptical as you were. But with time it got better and how!

Now that the topic is sex, you remember the night you wore the nightie I got you? Undoubtedly the best sex night ever. I kinda liked how you had grown to be comfortable.