✥ 43 | Conversations

Haven't proofread, do point out the errors will rectify them soon. Too sleepy to proof read. 

• ☆ •

"So, how has the whole moving to a new place been?" Reema asked.

"It's been exhausting," Sidharth answered honestly. He had rescheduled his visits to Sundays instead of Mondays because he had to get back to his normal routine at office. "The place is small. The house is still a mess."

"It's temporary?" She asked.

"Yes, I have been hunting for a good place."

"What does Sanjh think?"

Sidharth opened his mouth to answer but then simply pressed his lips together, realizing Sanjh hadn't really expressed what she thought of the place. "I think she's trying to settle in. A little uncomfortable in the new place but... trying to make it a home."

"You think? You haven't asked her about it?"

"I did... I told her that I am looking for a better place."

A silence fell and Sidharth stared at Reema. He knew exactly what she was going to say. 

"You didn't ask her what she thinks about it? What she wants?"

Sidharth sighed. He was slowly beginning to understand how Dr Reema's brain worked. "It's Sanjh. She never tells..."

"Sidharth, you need to communicate. That's not even a legit excuse."

"I know. It's hard, alright. Now that I am actually staying under the same roof with her, having her around me all the time, I realize that she's changed. That we have both changed. It's not as easy as before. It's... different. It's like I am walking on eggshells around her. I don't want to screw up."

"You won't Sidharth, if you are honest with yourself and her. You need to let her in. You have shut yourself in a shell, you won't even let her in. That's the truth. You need to trust her and let her in. Unless she knows the real you how is the relationship going to work?"

"It's not like she tells me everything. I mean... I know she is still hurting from choosing me over her parents. She's disappointed that because of me she had to let go the comforts of what's been her home for years, leave behind people who were family."

Dr Reema exhaled sharply. "Sidharth, we come back to the same point. When you open up, you give her the courage to open up to you. The fact that you both have gone against your parents, haven't given a damn about society and relocated to a flat that barely meets your specification of a good home, because you wanted to be together; means that you both want it to work. Now it's about opening up, showing each other that sides of you that you would rather not show to anyone. 

Take your forgetting about picking up your son from school as an example. If Sanjh knows you better, if she had known what your thoughts are what your feelings are, there's a chance she would understand why you forgot about picking up Raunak.

Think of it like a stepwise process to establish a strong foundation. Step one is trust. And trust will come when you both are honest to each other, when you both don't hide things from each other."

Sidharth took a deep breath and nodded. 

"Sidharth, I understand that after everything you've been through in the past few months it's not easy for you to just go back to being normal like nothing happened. No one expects that. But you need to also see things from her perspective. No matter how you view the turn of events, no matter what your truth was and is, the truth from her perspective is that you left her to marry your best friend. And now that your best friend is out of the picture you want her back."