✥ 41 | Friendship

Haven't proof read, please feel free to point out errors. Long Chapter ahead.

• ☆ •

"This house is beautiful, Mr Mehra. Especially the walls, I love the art. I am told that your late wife painted them."

"Yes." Sidharth's response was clipped as he glanced at the wall. He had put up the pictures of his flat on a few property listing sites two days back. He already had a few potential buyers contact him. But there was this one young woman Sara Fatima who had asked to see the place.

"The fixtures look almost new." She remarked walking around.

"They are relatively new. Plus, Minal was a freak when it came to home maintenance."

The lady who had been curls turned to him with a smile. "Frankly, I love the place amd the society looks good too. Just that we would need the taps in the bathroom changed, and probably the chimney unit cleaned."

"I can make sure that's done." Sidharth spoke up. The lady walked around while he stood rooted staring at the wall they had pained together.

"You didn't even pain any of it, don't take credit for painting that brown in the tree." He turned to his right to find Minal standing beside him.

"Are you sure you what to sell this place so fast? Want to get rid of me huh?" She wore her teasing smile.

"Mr. Mehra," Sidharth turned to his right and walked towards the kitchen.

"Will we be allowed to cover up this balcony?" Sara enquired.

"Uh, not sure. You'll have to seek permission from. the Association. Any major alterations to the flat require prior permission from the Welfare Association."

"Hmm, what's the maintenance?"

"It's about four thousand per month as of now."

"Right." She said looking around. "I like this flat. But my fiance has to like it too. I will discuss the specifics with him and then probably get back to you to schedule a visit along with him."

"Sure." 

"Uh, just to be in the clear, this flat is solely on your name right?"

"Yes. Now it is."

"Okay, umm I had requested you for some documents.."

"Right. It slipped out of my mind. I will send them to you by end of day."

"Okay. So I should get going. I will talk to Arman and get back to you."

"Sure." 

Sidharth sighed walking back to the sofa. He sat on it staring at the wall.

"She seemed nice to me. She'll keep our home well." He heard Minal's voice. 

He turned to look at her. She reached out to hold his hand. "It's okay Sid."

"I am sorry."

"For what?" She chuckled. 

"For everything," Sidharth sighed. "I screwed it up, like always, didn't I?"

"Well then, I am used to you screwing it up, Sid. Now stop being brooding, doesn't suit you at all." Minal said with abright smile.

"You know, I never really apologized for that evening of the concert. I shouldn't have been that... mean."

"You were brutal." Minal scoffed. "And for the record you have apologized for it."

"But did you ever forgive me?"