Chapter 5: A new start

Ioverheard Millie's mom shouting at her. "I can't believe you let him trap youMillie, haven't we taught you better!" Gosh.

"I wasseeing red ma and he was slippery!" Fair point, he even had me fooling for him.

"Excuses,your better than that Millie!" I was meant to be helping Moxie pack, but heseemed to be getting angrier until he proudly said,

"You know, she protected me, and maybe I'm not a strong, beefy dickhead! But Millie has the strength enough for both of us, you two were getting on a case about being her by a psychopath, YOU HIRED! Shame on you!" Suddenly Millie's dad went up to him and gave him a little nod before walking away into the house. But before he entered, he asked me a question that would change my life.

"Youknow Y/N, now that Striker is gone, we need a new helper" Millie's dad offered.

Iwas speechless, I didn't know what to say. I turned to look at everyone andthey all nodded lightly, telling me it was my decision. "Will you guys bealright if I stayed here?" I asked. I wasn't sure about my decision, but I lovedthis place, but I also loved my friends.

"Y/Ndon't worry well be fine just promise to visit us...?" Blitz said to me withtears in his eyes.

"Of course, I will" I replied and gave him a hug and then everyone else joined in on the hug, even Loona.

"Now we s-should get going n-now" Blitz looked like he wanted to burst out in tears. He never imagined leaving me on my own. They all started walking towards the van and I could feel a teer rolling down my cheek. I waved as they got smaller, smaller and smaller until I couldn't see them anymore...

Thiswill be good for me, right? A new start to clear up my mind. To forget abouteverything that happened. I was in my own world when I felt a tap on myshoulder. It was Joe. "Don't worry kiddo you'll be able to visit them anytimeyou want" I was grateful. More teers rolled down my face when Lin pulled me infor a hug. I think I'm going to like it even more here.