In Exchange of Power

"You are a hero after all." A kid said those words sincerely to a guy who was wrapped in bandages from head to toe.

The man who received such words from the kid; the same kid who he risked his life to save from a being far stronger than himself, couldn't help but smile after hearing that.

He felt really happy after hearing those words.

Which led him to make a decision that changed his life forever.

Because that was the day, when that man decided that he wanted to become a hero-No.

He decided to become the strongest hero!

And the fire burning inside his eyes showed just how determined he was about that.

~

[Jason's POV]

'It has already been three years since then. After that day, I created a training regimen for myself. I trained so hard I went bald. I became so powerful no one can beat me. I am the hero I dreamed of becoming.'

'So what is this? What is wrong?'

Cashier:- "That will be 5 dollars."

"Hm? Wait a second." I said while looking inside my purse to find the money and paid the cashier for the meat I just purchased and went towards the exit but not before hearing her say

Cashier:- "Take care!"

'Why does my heart feel so empty?'

I exited her shop and went towards an alleyway which was basically a short-cut to my house. Just as I was about to exit this alleyway, a group consisting of 3 thugs surrounding a fat man wearing glasses caught my eye.

Thug 1:- "Why don't you just pay up so that we don't have any problems with each other!" Thug one said while grabbing the guy with glasses from his collar and pushed him towards a wall while the other two thugs surrounded him from both sides restricting his escape.

'There's no sign that the evils of the world are disappearing.'

Thug 2:- "Come on dear piggy~ You know I don't like to hurt'cha, so be a nice little piggy bank and give us some money asap~" Thug 2 said in a sing-song voice and I noticed glasses-kun shudder after hearing him.

'This never changed since I became a hero.'

Glasses-kun:- "I don't have any money on me right now I swear! Please, I beg you, leave me alone!" Glasses-kun whimpered and tears started to fall from his eyes.

'In other words, you could say that I haven't made any impact.'

Upon seeing Glasses-kun in a tough situation, I decided to help him out by picking up three rocks from the ground and throwing them at those thug's heads with just enough force to knock them out.

'And I am not necessarily sad about that.'

I left the scene as fast as I could because I was getting late for the special sale on vegetables taking place in the convenience store near my house.

After getting whatever I needed from the convenience store, I looked towards the sky to notice that the sun has already set.

'Something has been bothering me lately.'

Just as I was about to reach the road which leads me straight to my house, someone stopped me on my tracks; that someone being a mugger.

'As the days pass, My emotions grow more distant.'