An Intruder

"Are we really doing this?"

Jane couldn't believe it. She was actually doing something crazy. Not the usual 'crazy' like breaking out of her hostel late at night to party, it was something crazier.

This time, she was breaking into a government facility to get her research back. She was sure this was a new kind of crazy for her. Erik was going to be so pissed if he finds out.

She didn't understand why, but instead of feeling scared, she was feeling excited. She was liking this feeling of thrill, and it was only possible because of this man in front of her.

Thor:- "Yes, we are. I'm going to give you a hand, you jump. I will make sure you are not hurt in the process."

The blonde stranger, who she now calls Thor, said while positioning himself to give Jane a boost. He was standing in front of a wall inside the SHIELD facility, with his ever confident smile present on his face.

They have already broken in the facility by cutting open the fence. Jane was really surprised by how easy it was. The only obstacle left was this wall, they just needed to climb through it. After that, they could finally get inside the facility and search for her items.

The real problem came after that. She didn't know how they planned to take Thor's supposed Hammer. It was placed at the centre of the facility, tightly packed with trained soldiers and agents who were ready to stop anyone who came near that mysterious object.

It looked downright impossible with just the two of them.

Jane:- "Are you sure everything would be fine?"

Thor:- "Yes. I'll make sure of it."

There it was again, that charming smile of his. Jane felt butterflies in her stomach just looking at it.

'Sheesh, I'm acting like a middle schooler experiencing her first crush. I need to get my act together!'

Jane quickly hid her blush by nodding her head and supporting her feet on Thor's hand. After confirming that she was comfortable, Thor gave her a boost and she jumped. She landed inside the facility without making much noise.

Soon after, there was a 'thud' sound behind her, indicating that Thor had also successfully entered the facility. She looked at him, and he gave her a confident smile.

Thor:- "Follow after me."

He whispered, she nodded her head once and followed.

They moved sneakily, quickly passing by three agents without being detected. It continued that way for three more times, which made Jane wonder if the security here was just that incompetent.

'No, it's not like they're incompetent. It's just that he is really good at sneaking around.'

Jane looked at the back of Thor. She remembered the first time she met him, he appeared out of nowhere in front of her van. It was also the day they felt that disturbance in the sky.

The way Thor behaved, the way he talked, it was all so different than any other person she has met. It was almost like he lived in a different world.

—And now she finds out that he appeared to be experienced in breaking into government facilities. Truly, Jane was confused about what to think of him.

Thor:- "Is that the car they put your research in?"

Jane was broken out of her thoughts by Thor's voice. She looked at where he was pointing, and her eyes widened in recognition.