The Calm Before The Storm

Jason Andrews, for the first time in a while, felt excited about something.

He, along with Coulson, had reached the facility of SHIELD some time ago, and saying that Jason was impressed with the place would be an understatement.

Everywhere he looked, men and women in black could be seen working on something that Jason couldn't quite understand, but it still looked cool in his eyes.

He felt like he was in a movie.

"Jason? Are you still with me?"

"Huh? Yeah, Uhm-, what were you saying?"

Coulson deadpanned at Jason, who shifted his eyes away nervously. After a while of silent staring, Coulson sighed and repeated what he said earlier.

"I was showing you the thing we're here to get information on." Coulson said, before pointing a finger towards something stuck on the ground, a few steps ahead of Jason, "Look."

Jason looked at where Coulson was pointing, and saw the same object he saw in the photo Fury showed him.

"It's a hammer

"It's a hammer."

Jason said plainly. He was wondering why someone in space needed it. Were they building something?

"Sure looks like one. Quite a heavy hammer too." Coulson agreed, before noticing the confused look on Jason's face.

"What do you mean?"

Coulson smiled, and moved towards the hammer stuck on the ground. He grabbed the handle with both his hands, and grunted as he started trying to lift it off the ground. It was a futile struggle, and the hammer didn't budge an inch.

"See? Nobody can lift it. We tried using other methods, but it still didn't budge."

Jason's eyes widened as he heard Coulson's words. He noticed the huge crater that was formed around it. This thing sure looked heavy.

Hammers are usually held up by someone, and if there is someone out there who could hold this thing despite its weight, they should be strong.

Jason wanted to meet that someone, if there was one.

But before that—

"Can I try?"

Jason asked, his eyes turning sharp for a second before they returned to being those dotted orbs. Coulson was surprised by that, but quickly put it off as his imagination.

"Sure. Just try not to fall." Coulson advised before moving back.

Jason nodded at him and slowly approached the hammer. He held the handle in his palm. There was no grunt, no struggle. His face turned serious, and a raging fire could be seen inside his eyes.

Coulson was surprised by the change of expression on Jason's face. This was the first time Coulson saw Jason showing so much emotion behind something. For a second, he felt a bit nervous.