Chapter 2

The Trost Barracks

The Trost Barracks. That was her target, and she'd reached it. But something stopped her from walking into the building, for one, the amount of soldiers guarding the entrance, and the fact she could hear screams coming from inside the building. Either someone was getting tortured or something deeply disturbing was occurring. Instead of bursting into the building, Rebekah waited outside, hoping to catch the MPs off guard and retrieve what was rightfully hers. Then the screaming stopped, but the soldiers didn't move a muscle.

"Dead." Beka muttered. "The screams didn't die down, they stopped instantly, they just killed him." She concluded to no one in particular, wondering what was truly happening inside the barracks.

Another hour or so passed before she spotted something intriguing, or someone. An annoying voice echoed through the streets and Beka instantly recognised it. Her sibling, Hange. The two somewhat got along when they were children, they even signed up for the training corps together, but Hange decided to stick with it where as Rebekah forged her own path. Of course, they'd heard of one another, one was an esteemed Section Commander. The other was a well-known mad-scientist, who multiple people despised.

Happily, the scientist walked out of her hiding spot, blowing her cigarette smoke as she made her way towards Hange. "Look who we have here." Beka said, tossing the cigarette to the side, her sibling always hated her habits.

"Beka?" They asked, stunned to see their sister. It was unexpected to say the least, the only indication that the older Zoe was alive was the monthly letters she sent, implying she was safe and happy, but Hange never knew what the girl was truly thinking.

"How'd you guess?" She asked with a quirked brow.

Hange instantly went in for a hug, but was shut down when the girl held an open palm in front of them. "Huh? What's the deal? I haven't seen you in years." They argued.

"Clearly, you forgot about my personal space bubble. If that bubble gets popped, the consequences will be severe." The older sibling spoke. "Anyway, what the hell are you doing here?" She then asked.

"I'm visiting my friend Pastor Nick. And this is Moblit, a colleague of mine." They answered.

After a moments thought, the brunette recalled the previous events she'd overheard and decided it would be best that her sibling found out now rather than later. "Hate to break it to you, but he's dead."

"W-what?" Moblit questioned.

"He was tortured, then killed." She summed up. "No one went in, no one came out. It was the soldiers."

"How do you know all this?" The younger asked.

"It'll take too long to explain, just take me in there with you and we can help each other out." Beka suggested.

"No. Don't pull this crap again. Explain." Hange threatened, it had always been the same with their sister, everything had to benefit her, otherwise she wouldn't care, so there had to be a reason why she was telling Hange this information.