Chapter 12

Rebekah leaned against a tree, bored by the interaction taking place. The MP that the scouts had captured was dull, spouting nonsense of morality and the unjust method the scouts used to capture him. The irony was almost amusing, considering that the corrupt officer knew nothing of justice.

"You guys must think you're tough, huh? Taking over a post manned by recruits who barely know how to wipe their own ass? No one's going to think you're heroes for beating them." The MP spat, causing the brunette to roll her eyes.

"The guilt's just tearing me apart." Levi scoffed before shoving his boot into the mans mouth, surely breaking a few teeth in the process. "But what really gets on my nerves is this mouth of yours. I'm going to suggest that you start talking while you're able to use it."

The man squirmed, gripping Levi's leg in anguish. The pain he was in must have been excruciating, and utterly humiliating. The scientist smirked as she discovered her angle on the situation, she knew exactly where to go from where Levi left off.

"Easy Levi." She cooed as she approached the two. "We wouldn't want to scare off our new ally, would we?"

The captain turned to her in confusion, hoping to sense a hint of a plan. However, the woman maintained her flirtatious gaze, not wavering even for him - he was fully aware of what she was capable of, but trust was something she hadn't completely earned yet. Regardless, he took a gamble and removed his boot from the man.

Coughing viciously and spitting out the damage Levi inflicted on him, the officer laid eyes on his new saviour. "Ally?" He choked up, a tinge of hope in his voice.

Rebekah had him. "But of course." She crouched down to his level. "You will help us, right?"

Hesitating, the man shook his head - but it was too late for him to mask his interest in the offer. "As if I'd help criminals, I hope you all get hung for your crimes." The woman smiled at him and moved her hand over to caress his cheek, the motion was merely a distraction to her other approach.

"Officer, I hope you realise you're situation here. I can't speak on behalf of the scouts, I'm just a doctor after all. That said, I can guarantee you that they won't hesitate to rip every tooth and nail from your body." The mans eyes widened in fear at the quick change in her demeanour. "And as soon as they've ran out, they'll move onto those new recruits you're so fond of. Right now, they're still alive, but if you don't start talking, you're going to start hearing screams coming from that post."

"You wouldn't." The MP stared at Beka with wide eyes, completely forgetting about the hand on his cheek.

"Let me ask you this." She smiled. "How are you going to cover your ears without any hands?"

Her prey began to shake, hands running and grabbing his hair in desperation. It was clear he would allow the scouts to torture him all they pleased, but when it came to the teenagers at his post, he couldn't risk it. It was unclear to him whether the scientist was speaking truthfully, yet the look in her eyes sent a wave of confirmation. She was capable of going through with the threat.

"So what will it be, officer?" She stood up again, looking down at him victoriously.

Gritting the teeth that remained, the MP looked at her in the eyes, then back to Levi, hoping to receive a shred of empathy from any of them, a speck of humanity. "You're fucking crazy, damn you all to hell!" He yelled, he'd lost whatever control he had held onto before.

"Armin." Rebekah turned to the blonde, the brightest of the bunch. "None of us want to be hung." She worded carefully. "This is the most humane way to get answers." Armin tilted his head, clocking onto the hints. "I want to hear screams coming from that post. Lost of them. Take Sasha, Connie and Jean to get it done."