Chapter 8

The torture had barely begun, but the MP, Djel Sannes, was covered head to toe in deep cuts. Amongst this, he also had a few fingers and toes missing, but those that remained were stripped of their nails, curtesy of Levi, who was adamant that his method was more effective than Rebekah's, but she disagreed.

"You're making a mess." Levi scolded her, placing the pliers on one of his nails one again, preparing for his next question.

"You should've seen the last guy who stabbed me in the back." The scientist scoffed, remembering the vivid and gruesome memory. "Besides, you'll run out of nails to pluck eventually, where as my method was designed to have a longer duration. Unlike you, I thought ahead."

"We'll see about that, after I make him talk." The captain slowly pulled the pliers, forcing Sannes to yell out in pain, his eyes widened so quickly, Beka wasn't sure if they'd pop from his skull completely.

"Go ahead, but your down to 14 more chances." She mocked. "Actually I think-"

Suddenly, a duo burst through the basement door, creating a loud bang that interrupted the woman's words. "I made it!" Hange alerted. "You haven't finished yet, have you?!"

"No, though your sister managed to dirty the floor. She's making it fairly difficult to stay clean down here."

"You'll be fine, you're wearing an apron. Maybe after we've washed up here, you'd be willing to bake us a pie?" Beka mocked, but Levi didn't respond. Both of them were wearing long gloves, but he was the only one with an apron, where as Beka just simply rolled up the sleeves of her dark blouse.

"Maybe I will. I must warn you though, I'd likely fill it with poison, in hopes of you eating it." He retorted.

"I'll keep that in mind." Beka smiled, not caring about the empty threat.

"I see you two are getting along well." Hange noticed. "In all honesty, I thought you would've killed each other by now." They joked, despite their surroundings.

"Oh?" Beka smirked. "Say, Levi, wouldn't you like to tell them about the time I saved your life?"

"Wouldn't you like to tell them how you used us and led us into a trap?" He shot back, forcing Beka to admit defeat, he'd gotten her there.

"You can tell me all about your time together later, we should continue with him." Hange pointed at the chained, beaten man. "I'm only a novice at human torture, but although I lack experience, I plan to give this job my all." They picked up the pliers, to which the older Zoe retaliated to by gripping their forearm. "Let go." Hange demanded, trying to tug away from their sister, but it didn't work.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Beka questioned. Hange wasn't like this, there was no way the nicer, kinder sibling was going to torture someone, that couldn't have been right.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" They replied, which irritated Beka severely.

"You know damn well what I'm referring to." Beka scolded. "You're my younger sibling, there's no way I can just sit back and watch you torture someone." Everyone in the room went silent, and Levi had to admit that, he too, felt similarly. Neither of the older duo wanted Hange to stoop to their level of violence, but it wasn't really their choice.

"Oh, so now I'm your sibling?" Hange scoffed. "Last I checked, we haven't seen each other in years, and when we finally met again, I didn't even get a 'hello'. You don't get to chose when to be my sister, and you certainly don't have any right to dictate my actions. So I'm staying here, and doing this. You can't change that." The harsh words made Rebekah loosen her grip, allowing Hange to break free and attach the pliers to the next nail in line.