Chapter 15

The whole cave was collapsing inwards, and yet Beka was still going, curving around the debris falling from the sky. She moved effortlessly, swerving and spiralling away from all the destruction. She saw Kenny's squad ahead of her, and decided to focus on them rather than the titan transformation. It was easier that way, she could imagine winning against her new foe.

She watched them as they made their way towards the glow, knowing that if they got through, then they would be a threat to Levi and the others. Hange told her not to let any harm come to them, so, she formed a plan.

Taking in her surroundings, Beka switched to her guns and aimed it upwards towards a large piece of the roof. It was barely holding itself together, a single bullet would be enough to bring down the enemy. So, she fired, uncertain it would reach because of the wind pushing against it.

However, like a charm, it continued and reached the roof, causing it to shatter above Kenny's squad. Rebekah smirked as her enemy was taken by surprise and allowed the distraction to cause a chain effect. As soon as one piece of rubble hit them, they dodged and moved into another, their death was inescapable. The doctor just had to make sure she didn't meet the same fate.

As quickly as she could, she used her gas and swung through the collapsing cave. Some pieces of crystal hit her, but she continued, her armour was holding up well enough. She kept going onwards until eventually, she was right beside the transformation. Beyond it, she could see her allies.

"Shit, can't believe I'm doing this." She cursed herself as she darted right to avoid an emerging titan bone. Luckily, she avoided at, and used her momentum to curve around it completely. Now in front of the monster, she could reunite with the squad she was risking her life for.

Most were surprised to see her, expecting her to have bolted as soon as she saw danger - which, in fairness, she had contemplated. But, Hange convinced her otherwise.

"Good, you've got them." Beka commented. "Come on, we need to leave." The squad looked at her as though she was insane, by flying through the rib cage of a transforming titan, she knew why. Yet, she needed to live, so she could see Hange again and prove she was a good sister.

"What?" Jean questioned, his tone filled with concern.

"What are you waiting for?!" Now, Beka's anger was growing, no one listened to her. "We need to..."

Rebekah turned around to look at her surroundings and stopped speaking. There was no escape, she'd practically committed suicide by obeying Hange. She was dead, it was clear.

The cave was on the verge of total collapse and the titan that was once a set of bones that could be passed through, was now fully formed and continuously growing larger. There wasn't any room to pass it. The heat it generated was enough to put anyone off even getting close to it.

"No!" She backed against the wall that the others leaned against. "No, this wasn't supposed to..." her voice kept trailing off, for a woman who always knew what to say, she was speechless. "This isn't real."

The others would be lying if they said they didn't pity her, she came to save them, but was going to die by their side. They knew she would rather be anywhere.

"Why are you here?" Levi yelled above the sound of the explosion, Beka barely caught what he said. "You're the last person I want to die next to."

"Fuck you." Beka responded, voice shaky and eyes wide.

Eren was first to crumble to the ground, taking Rebekah's outburst personally. Her anger was because of him, all of their lives were doomed because he was kidnapped. All that weight rested on his shoulders.