Chapter 7

"Does everyone understand?" Levi asked the group after explaining the plan to kidnap some MPs. It was originally Beka's plan, though, he knew there were risks to trusting her. Even so, this would be beneficial to both parties, so it didn't bother him too much.

"Yep, intercept the carriage, point our guns. Simple." The scientist equipped her swords onto her gear nonchalantly, as if she'd done this type of mission before, which Levi suspected she had.

"Don't get too cocky. Your'e not setting foot near them." The captain denied, but that didn't stop her last time.

"That didn't go your way last time. Besides, we want the same thing, I'm not going to stab you in the back." She countered and began walking out of the cottage. "Reeves wouldn't either, stop worrying." She referred to the pillar of their plan, trusting Demo Reeves to deliver the enemy, which everyone was concerned about.

"What makes you say that?" Armin asked.

"I like to study the human body, observe when people are lying. He didn't have any of the tells I've observed. It may seem too rash, but I'm certain he's on our side. Especially with his son at stake." Rebekah answered his question, stunning a few squad members.

"What's my tell?" Sasha wondered.

"We don't have time for this." She replied and followed Levi towards the moving wagon.

Suddenly the cart was in eyesight, meaning all that the scouts had to do was wait for it to come to a stop. With no windows, or any way of seeing their attack, it was easy to get the upper hand and point their guns towards the curtain. As soon as the two MPs poked their heads through the curtain, they were met with 3 guns pointed at their heads.

Instantly, one of them gasped, trying to alert the other, but he didn't succeed. Jean quickly hit him over the head with the back of his gun, and Mikasa snuck through the front of the cart to immobilised the other.

"Sorry gents, that's how it is." Demo watched their unconscious bodies as Beka walked to the front of the cart to converse with their ally.

"Reeves." She signalled, handing him a new note. "The safe house is top secret, so if anything we're to happen to you, I need you to burn the address. If you can remember it, then I'd prefer you burn it immediately."

"I know I'm in no place to ask, but why exactly do you need a safe house?" The man wondered, he knew about the mad-scientist that everyone was afraid of, but he assumed what she did was legal, most did.

"If I was in your position, which would never happen because I would never put my life in the hands of someone else." Beka began answering, her advise had halted and instead was replaced by a seemingly insult. "I would be grateful that someone as genius as myself would be kind enough to provide this method of safety for you."

"You're right, sor-"

"I know I'm right. I don't need an idiot to tell me that." Interrupted the scientist, she didn't want him to apologise, after all, it was only a word. It held no meaning when things really mattered. "Well, looks like I've got to go, people to be tortured and all." She sent him a wave, now her message was across, she didn't want t waste any more time around the Reeves.

Carelessly, she swung to door open, not giving a damn if she was once a prisoner of all the scouts sat at a table, hands over ears. But there was something off about them, something that had definitely changed since their previous meetings. "Brats, where's Levi?" She noticed his absence, but no one answered her.

"He wants you to stay here, said you'd only get in the way." Mikasa finally responded.

"I'm probably more qualified to interrogate people than him." Beka scoffed, and it was true. She always got what she wanted out of people, whether it was by bribery, seduction, or torture, she'd been through the list of how to make people talk, and never failed, not once. "I'd cover my ears if I were you, I'm a lot more thorough when it comes to getting information." She recommended the younger scouts before opening the basement doors to hear a few quiet pleads for help.

"I told you to stay upstairs, I don't need the help of a narcissist." He didn't even face her, already knowing it was the maniacs sister. Regardless, Levi didn't fail to notice the fearful look on the MP's face, maybe he could use that to his own advantage.

"You're considering it." Beka realised, stepping closer and looking over Levi's shoulder to see the worry on the MP's, it was aimed towards her. "Ah~ now I see." She smiled. "You had to see this coming, right? You did steal from me, and you must have been aware of those consequences." The woman manoeuvred around Levi, allowing the man too fully see her and the psychotic gaze latched onto him.

"I strongly advise you to start talking, you may come to realise that I'm a lot more lenient than her." Levi joined in, handing Rebekah some equipment, which she strangely turned down.

"I won't be needing that. You see, ripping out nails is so mediocre, and I'm certain you've ripped out your fair share. But I enjoy spicing things up." Her face kept the same, amused expression. "Tell me, have you ever heard of the 'death by a thousand cuts'?"

"Aren't you supposed to keep me alive?" The MP asked frantically.

"Actually, there's two of you, so I can do whatever I desire. Now, how about I explain this experience? Yeah~" The girl walked around the room, flipping round a knife in her hand and pointing it towards the man. "I'm going to cut you, if I don't see a response, I'll start to skin you, and if nothing happens then, you'll lose a limb, something small, maybe a finger or a toe. However, if you're still quiet, the I might start amputating something else, arms, legs, and eventually, I'll carve out your heart. Doesn't that sound excruciatingly exciting?"

"No, you can't do it! Please Captain Levi! You're supposed to be the good guys!" The man tried to pull his hands free from the ropes, but there was nothing he could do.

"Wait." Levi instructed, shocking Beka, but also giving the soldier a false sense of security.

"Thank you, thank y-"

"You need to ask him a question first." Levi interrupted, causing the man to lose all hope.

"Nooooo! God no! You monstrous bitch!"

"You gave my plans to Kenny the Ripper, didn't you?" She asked at first, prioritising herself rather than the scouts. "Now, now, we wouldn't want to stain the floor so early on."

"I don't know." The soldier said, but Beka didn't fail to notice his fists clench, as if preparing for her to cut him. Ultimately, that could only mean he was lying, or so she assumed.

"Here you go." Beka sliced the knife along the side of his face, watching him squirm. "So Kenny has my plans, I'll have to retrieve them at a later date." She muttered. "Oh well, we still have more questions for you. Levi, will you do the honours?"

"Where's Eren and Historia?"

————————

AUTHORS NOTE

I accidentally republished some of this so I decided to just publish the rest of the chapters, after realising I already had this one in the making, I tweaked it and thought 'why not'.

So for people who actually read this, here you go.