Chapter 5

The squads soon made their way into Trost, dragging Beka with them in handcuffs

The squads soon made their way into Trost, dragging Beka with them in handcuffs. Or so they thought, truth be told, she unpicked the locks half an hour ago, only posing to be a prisoner.

"Why's the royal flag everywhere?" Connie asked.

"Today marks the anniversary of the kings coronation, once a year they hand out extra food to celebrate it." Sasha answered the boy. Soon, some MPs stood at centre stage and announce to Trost that the king will be donating most the reserves. "All that food and he's giving it away?" Sasha said.

"It's not as though he needs it all, easier to control people when they're not starving." Levi replied.

"It's all a façade. He doesn't give a damn about the people, he just wants to maintain control." Beka spat, she hated the government and anyone in control.

"Keep walking." Levi pushed her, annoying Beka further.

"I told you not to touch me you inconsiderate roach." Rebekah shot back, trying not to gain any attention from the crowd. Levi rolled his eyes again, which led to greater frustration. So as an act of retaliation, the scientist handed the cuffs back to Levi. "I'm done playing prisoner. Besides, we've clearly been spotted, the cloaks don't match the festivities." She explained. "So get your shit together, we won't have to wait much longer." As a way of preparation, the woman then took out her lighter and lit her cigarette, huffing a gust of smoke shortly later. If her prediction was accurate then she wouldn't have too long to enjoy her usual smoke.

And she was right, as always. It was only a few minutes later that Armin and Jean were kidnapped, wearing their disguises of course. Sasha almost slipped when she yelled Armin but the kidnappers didn't seem to pick up on it, which also raised many questions to Rebekah. The method they used was also tacky and predictable, something was off.

"Come on, you know the plan." Levi ordered his squad, and gripped the swords of his ODM gear, and deciding to neglect Beka when it came to explaining.

"Actually I don't." Beka muttered, but she'd manage to gather that they were perusing Armin and Jean on their gear, so she followed using her own to move around unnoticed. Somehow managing to savour her cigarette along the way.

Until soon, they found their base, a small storage building near the wall. After surveying their surroundings, Mikasa sneakily glared through a window, gaining information before jumping back onto the roof.

"How's everything going inside?" Levi asked the girl.

"If we hold on any longer then they'll see through Armin's disguise." She informed. "He's... he's getting pawed at." She stuttered.