Chapter 13

"I'm surprised you two lasted this long without killing each other." Hange said as they approached their sister and friend. "I heard voices, were you two arguing again?" They wondered, after all, what else could they expect? The two were polar opposites. Levi was conserved, patient and observational, where as Beka was a loud mouthed, know-it-all, who wanted things to go either her way, or no ones.

Hange was surprised Levi hadn't snapped.

"We can't exactly interrogate someone in silence, can we?" Rebekah retorted.

"No, you can't." Hange answered seriously while looking at the victim who'd been unlucky enough to meet both Captain Levi and Doctor Zoe. "Did he squeal?" They asked, nudging their head to the MP.

"Like a pig." Levi nodded. "He said something about a Church, you sister mentioned Reiss has one of those." Levi answered. Hanges eyes widened and they took a piece of paper from their satchel quickly. After unfolding it, the two torturers finally understood.

"The Reiss family chapel incident a few years ago was completely unexplainable." They revealed, Beka took the paper, inspecting it's writing carefully. "You see it to, don't you?" Beka nodded her head, clearly coming to the same conclusion as her sibling.

"A fire doesn't match the description. It looks as though it was destroyed from the inside, a titan transformation is entirely plausible." The doctor agreed, handing the paper to Levi. "The other's should be hiding at the post, we'll regroup and then get moving."

Rebekah assumed she was being helpful with her assertiveness, however, she soon realised not everyone approved. Hange and Moblit looked shocked and confused, while Levi stood completely still, an annoyed expression plaster across his face.

"Is there a problem, Levi?" The woman scoffed, dismissing his title. She wasn't exactly trying to be rude when she made the orders, it was simply leading the team, they didn't have time to waste. "We don't have time for formalities or military structure. I have a plan, so let's go." She began to walk towards the post, Levi, Hange and Moblit trailing behind her and muttering.

She walked upfront alone for a while, until she heard someone on her left, to which she turned her head towards him. "Rebekah, mind if we have a word?" He asked her, though his mind was already made up. Rebekah sighed, but figured she should get used to Hange's companion, after all, they were fond of him.

"Who am into stop you?" The woman answered, matching his pace so they could talk. At first, Moblit seemed nervous - partially not expecting her to agree to his request - but soon, he regained his composure and took a deep breath.

"It's about Hange." He added on, to which the elder hummed. "They used to talk about you all the time when we were training in the cadet corps, in fact, I used to think you two were still in contact because of how regularly your name made it into our conversations." He said, it made the woman feel a sense of regret.

"Your point?" Beka demanded, getting sick of him dancing around the subject.

"They were happy whenever they mentioned you, when they thought you were a good sister. But now, not so much." He revealed. "This is the worst I've seen them in years."

The doctor frowned, it was never her intention to ruin Hange's life with her sudden appearance. If anything, she hoped her presence would lighten the mood, clearly, that wasn't the case. Perhaps she would have been better off if she fought the MP's alone.

"I can be out of your hair as soon as this is over." Beka responded, her deal was to help the scouts, and she'd already made promises of supplying weapons, after that, she could leave. "Don't worry though, I'll be sure you leave you all a parting gift." She quickened her pace, almost losing the man.