Chapter 2- Kidnapped?

I stayed in the tree for hours just daydreaming. It's now dark outside. This happens often though. I'm used to staying out in the dark. This way when I get home it's usually really late and Jacob, Miranda, and Zeke will all be passed out and I won't have to deal with them until morning. They don't care because they don't care about me. They always get take out for lunch and dinner so the only use I'd be for them at night is as a punching bag. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by someone talking. I lean over a bit holding onto the tree to peak out. I see three men. I'm too far away to hear exactly what they're saying, especially because they're whispering. Then one of the men hands over what looks like money and gets something from them. Is this a drug deal. I try to lean further to see what the guy is carrying but he's walking away. I go to lean back but I slip and fall out of the tree. "Who's there?" one of the men says. Fuck. I hear them start to get closer and I run. I don't know where I'm running but I know I need to go.

I continue running until I reach an empty street. I look around for a minute. "I think I lost them," I say to myself. "Think again," someone says. I'm screwed. "Let's go," he says. "You can't be serious, there's no way in hell I'd go with you," I respond. He walks closer to me. I step back and go to turn around but he grabs me and puts me over his shoulder. Oh hell no. I start screaming and pounding on his back. I try everything to get out of his hold. "I can just walk, put me down," I scream at him. "You said you wouldn't go with me, I'm not putting you down," he says. Asshole. I continue kicking and screaming until we get back to the bridge and he finally drops me. I stand up and look at him and the other man here. The man that carried me speaks up "We should take her to boss." Who's boss? Then the other one answers in agreement. "Grab her," the man that didn't carry me says and walks to their car. The other man goes to grab me again but I move out of the way. "Don't touch me," I yell at him. "Fine, you have two choices. Walk to the car now or I carry you again," he says. I walk to the car and he follows closely behind me. Leaving me in the car with the other guy and then getting into the driver's seat.

The drive is quiet and slow. The guy in the back with me has dark skin and black hair and the guy in the front has lighter skin and dark brown hair. I've already come up with names for them because they haven't told me theirs. The one back with me is angry man and the one in the front is sour puss. I don't really care to learn their real names. Once we reach our destination I'm lead into a warehouse and to a hallway. Sour puss goes into one of the rooms in the hallway leaving me with angry man.

It's not long before he comes out and leads me inside while angry man leaves. "Go on," he says and I walk towards the man in the room. He's tall like all the men here but even taller. Like 6'4 or something. He's tan with dark hair. He has a sharp clean-shaven jawline and almost black eyes. I think he's 23 maybe 24. "So you're the girl that spied on my men," he says. I roll my eyes and respond "I wasn't spying on them." He smirks and says "Then why were you there?" "Because I was sitting in the tree relaxing. They just showed up on the bridge, I couldn't even hear or see clearly what they were doing," I snap at him. "Hmm," he nods. "What's your name and how old are you?" He asks. "Ariana, 17," I say coldly.

"You have quite the mouth on you, you're going to have to respect me if you expect to live," he says. Before I can respond he starts talking again, "I'll offer you a deal." A deal? "What's the deal?" I ask. I just want out of here. "You can go free, as long as someone watches you," he says. "Fuck no," I say. I don't want anyone watching me. "Watch your mouth, I won't say it again. I can't have any loose ends so the price for your freedom is someone has to watch you and make sure you don't go to the police or run away," he says. This may be the only way I get out of here. I have to take it. "Ok, I'll take the deal," I tell him. "Good choice, don't mess it up," he says. Sour puss comes over to me and leads me back out.

"Anthony and I will be the ones watching you," sour puss says. "Who's Anthony?" I ask. "The guy that was in the car with you, I'm Rider by the way," he says. I prefer sour puss and angry man for them. He leads me out and forces me to get into his car. Apparently, he's taking me back to get my car and then he'll just lay low and watch me wherever I go. I can't believe I agreed to let someone stalk me.