Chapter 6- This is it

Recap...

I get out an hour later and leave the gym after getting dressed. It's 2:45 so I should start walking home soon.

Ariana:

As I'm walking I see angry man crossing the street towards me. I roll my eyes and just walk straight ahead not paying attention to him. Maybe he'll just stick to following me? A girl can dream but dreams rarely come true.

"Why did you skip school?"

"I felt like it," I answer blankly.

"Boss is not happy, he wants to see you."

I turn around. "Last time I checked he's not my boss, he's yours. You can tell him I skipped because I felt like it."

"No, let's go," angry man says as he goes to grab me. I move out of the way and kick him in the balls before kneeing his face. My body feels like it's burning. Why does everyone think they can control me? It's not new but it's far from the same playing field.

My 'family' compared to the Sicilian mafia. There incomparable. How am I supposed to get rid of both? I can get rid of my parents fast but then I'd just be under the control of Vincenzo. There is no win in this situation. 

I run all the way back home. I hope my 'family' doesn't disturb me. I've had enough of today and I just can't deal with anything else today. 

When I make it back to the house I go to my room. Luckily I'm not stopped this time. I relax in my room for about an hour before I'm called out. I sigh and set my phone down walking out.

"Yes sir?" I ask.

"Clean the house, it's too messy for us," Jacob says drunkenly.

I nod and get a trash bag. It's better to only speak when spoken to. I don't need any new injuries. I start by picking up the empty bottles and cans. It's taking forever and I've only gotten to the first half of the living room away from Jacob and Miranda's friends. The living room isn't that big by the way. I get a fourth bag and start to quietly pick up the trash around them.

I feel the men's stares but I continue to focus on the task at hand. It's not long before I get a fifth and then a sixth trash bag.

Eventually, I do finish cleaning the living room. I take a break from cleaning and make dinner before taking it out to them. One of Zeke's friends smacks my ass as I walk out but I just continue out.

I expected worse tonight honestly. It's never out of the question though. I just need to focus on cleaning. Eventually, I'm done and I take out 20 bags of trash in total. The house is a bit more livable now it also smells a bit better as well.

I'm about to go back to my room when Miranda comes into the room. "What is this?" She asks pointing towards the cocaine she just dropped. I roll my eyes.

"Cocaine."

"And what's it doing out here?"

"That's a question for yourself," I blurt out. I definitely shouldn't have said that. Not that it isn't true.

She rushes over to me and starts yelling and smacks me. Half the shit she spews is slurred or nonsense but something catches my attention.

"You lazy bitch."

"I'm lazy? Look around you, this entire house was cleaned by me because you couldn't pick up a damn broom."

That's when all hell breaks loose.

Jacob and his friends come in from the living room and Miranda goes to Jacob crying. She almost falls on her ass because she's so high.

"Look what you did you worthless cunt!"

That's it. I'm done playing along. I'm just so fucking done.

So I leave.

Of course, they tried to stop me. They just aren't as strong as me. I continue running until I reach a bus stop. No, I'm not going to leave.

I know I can't with sour puss right behind me, that's probably a death sentence. I just need to rest for a minute.

"If you leave I will shoot you," sour puss says. I just roll my eyes. I don't really care at this point. I can already feel a bruise forming on my cheek. Zeke managed to punch me before I left, it was a lucky hit.

"We're leaving, let's go."

I follow sour puss to his car and get in the back. He locks the doors before he starts driving. This is going to be a long night.

We arrive at Vincenzo's penthouse and I'm out in the elevator to go up. Sour puss doesn't follow me up like last time. I wonder why?

The elevator door dings and I step out. I already know what to expect. His house is the same as before. Clean and not an inch of dust. It's dark, modern, and homey at the same time. A weird combination.

I don't see him anywhere so I take a few more steps inside looking around. If a take a few more steps to the left I'll be in his living room, I continue going forward I'll be upstairs, and if I go to the right I'll be entering what looks like a kitchen.

Is he even home?

I stay where I am and cross my arms. I'm too impatient for this. If he's not here I'm leaving. Before I can press the elevator button someone says from behind me "Where do you think you're going?"

"Leaving, I don't like to wait."

Vincenzo glares at me harshly before motioning me to follow him. He leads me to what I assume is his office and I sit down in the chair opposite of him.

"What happened to your face?"

I scoff "It's none of your business."

"I could lock you up right now but I'm giving you the chance to explain. Do not disrespect me."

"That's fine by me and weren't you ever taught that respect is earned not commanded."

"You don't have to give me high respect, all I ask is a base level of respect. Which you aren't giving. Were you never taught manners?" He retorts.

"I was, I just never listened."

"You're going to show some to me or this will never work and you'll be locked in a cell."

I'll just be going from one cage to another though. I'm passed around like a doll from one captor to another. 

"Look, I know you put me on watch arrest or whatever but my life isn't your business. I don't want to tell you so drop it," I say. He looks at me blankly.

After an eternity he finally speaks up again.

"I'll accept that for now. Until you tell me what happened though you aren't going home."

"So I'll be in a cell then."

"No. You'll just have to stay here. I own this complex so everyone here is a staff member of mine so don't even try to get help. You can leave my penthouse freely tomorrow but you can't leave the complex unattended. Tomorrow is Saturday so you won't leave here until Monday, you will be attending school the full school day. Understand"

Great. I cross my arms and lean back in my chair. "Anything else?"

He takes a deep breath licking his lips. "The only reason I haven't killed you yet is that you're a minor. Being a minor doesn't protect you from punishments, tomorrow you'll wake up at 5:00. Put on the outfit I'll put in your closet and you'll have 10 minutes to eat breakfast before we leave."

Oh, punishment. Spooky. 

"Now, do you understand what you're expected to do for tomorrow and for school?"

I get out of my chair and say "Yes, sir." I exaggeratedly bow before turning on my heels and leaving the room.