Chapter 8- Punishment

Recap...

I'm tired so I fall asleep fast.

Vincenzo:

After locking Ariana up I go back to my office. It took her over an hour to finish her food which honestly worries me.

There's only one reason as to why someone wouldn't be able to finish a meal of that size. From now on she'll have to eat everything on her plate.

Although I'll have to make adjustments on how much I give her.

If someone is starving themselves or is being starved it's not wise to rush them into eating good portions. It'll just make her sick.

I focus on my work until I finish all the shipment paperwork. I can finish everything else tomorrow as it's already 10:30.

I go back to my room and step into the shower.

Tomorrow I'll have to get someone to get Ariana new clothes. I already had someone put an outfit into the closet while we were eating but that was just for her punishment tomorrow.

Which reminds me I have to call to make sure everything is set.

I finish up and wrap a towel around my waist before I put a pair of sweatpants on.

I sit on my bed and call my right hand. "Did you set everything up for tomorrow?"

"Yes, you can use it for as long as you want. Everyone is going to be using a different part of the complex."

"That's good, thanks Xander."

"No problem."

I hang up the phone and lay back in my bed. I can already tell tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Ariana:

I wake up before my alarm because of a nightmare. I make sure to shut it off when I get up.

I don't need an annoying ass alarm going off while I get ready. Not that there's much to do though.

I enter the closet and see the outfit Vincenzo said would be there. It's an all-black workout outfit. I slip on a new pair of underwear first. Then the leggings and then the long-sleeved shirt.

I'm glad it's long-sleeved.

The material is all very breathable and comfortable. I'm definitely keeping this set. The last thing I do is put on socks and the running shoes.

When I get out it's 4:40. I head to the bathroom and do my business.

While I'm washing my hands I notice a toothbrush and toothpaste in a cup so I brush my teeth. I also find a pack of scrunchies and tie my hair up.

The last thing I do is take a painkiller. I don't have much here but I definitely need one for today.

I try opening the door but it's of course locked so I sit on the bed and wait for Vincenzo to come and let me out.

I'm forced to wait 2 long minutes before I finally hear the door being unlocked.

"Finally," I say as I stand up and walk toward the door.

He looks taken aback but recovers quickly with a cold look plastered on his face. He leads me downstairs to the kitchen and I take a seat where I sat last.

He brings me over a plate of food and a glass of milk. He sits down with his food as well.

Today I have an amount of food that is more reasonable than last night. An egg on a piece of toast with two pieces of bacon on the side. I manage to eat it all fast. I want to be sure I do have food in my stomach.

Whatever punishment I have today I'm assuming it's athletic so I'm going to need all the energy I can get.

Once I finish my glass of milk Vincenzo takes my plate and cup to the sink before walking back to me. "Let's go, behave yourself it will only be worse if you act up."

I follow him without a word and we enter the elevator. He presses a button below the first floor labeled *1. It must be the basement level, the last level in the complex.

I wonder what's waiting down there. It could be a dungeon but he said he wasn't going to put me in a cage. He could be going to whip me or do some other form of torture.

I don't think he'll rape me though. Judging by his face when I suggested he sex trafficked people it's unlikely he'd do something like rape.

I shift my feet suddenly feeling a bit vulnerable as I watch the numbers on the screen. We're almost there.

The elevator dings as it arrives on the first floor and smoothly opens.

Vincenzo walks out and motions for me to follow him. I look around as he leads me through. There looks to be some offices down here and a security room. The area is oddly quiet, like it's entirely vacant.

He takes me down a hallway before pausing in front of a door to open it. He leads me in and he locks the door behind me.

I guess this is it.

I look around me and see gym equipment everywhere. He leads me to the far side of the room where there's a running tack.

"Run 10 laps," he says. I look towards him confused. This is my punishment?

I'm not complaining but this seems to easy. What's the catch?

He raises a brow before saying "The longer you take to start, the longer you stay down here."

I sigh and walk onto the track. It's made of some kind of textured rubber. It's not very bouncy though making it perfect for running.

I walk up to the starting line before stretching my legs a bit and start running. I don't go to fast though.

I know I have to run 10 laps and I have no idea what comes after this. As far as I know he didn't bring down any water either. I need to be sure to pace myself.

I finish 6 before I started to fatigue. I continue running at a similar pace to before until I manage to run 8.

I know I can't stop though. If I do I'll feel how tired I am and may not be able to continue. I jog my 9th lap and on my 10th I speed up a bit into a light sprint just wanting to finish this.

When I do I sit down taking some deep breaths. I can already tell my ribs are not happy about this. I'm covered in sweat and my hair is sticking to my skin.

I may be in good shape but I despise running for long periods.

Once I catch my breath I stand back up and walk to Vincenzo. "You ran for 1 hour and 37 minutes, that's pretty good for 10 miles," he says checking his watch.

I'm tired so I don't really care but ok.

"There's a water station over there, take a 20 minute break," Vincenzo says pointing towards a corner of the room.

I nod slightly and walk over there. I get a cup of cold water and down it fast. I drink two more before sitting back against the wall.

There was a chair but right now the wall is much more comfortable.

I watch Vincenzo as he talks on his phone. He seems slightly agitated but not pissed. I wish I could hear his conversation.

I shut my eyes and control my breathing. I open them again to see Vincenzo staring at me leaning on a piece of equipment.

Creep, I roll my eyes and look away from him.

He comes over to me not long after and says "20 minutes are up, let's go."

I sigh and get up following him to where he wants me next.