Chapter 1 - Vesper

Trigger warnings there are none but wholesomeness if that triggers you for some reason

Vesper POV

"Guys, I'm headed to the store to find those batteries Churro needs," Vesper shouted down the hall, pulling on her boots. Exiting the house, a faint "OK," reached her ears. Vesper grinned, starting the car and pulling out into the road. She loved watching the Swiftcake relationship grow.

Her thoughts turned to her girlfriend, Willow, as she drove to the closest Costco she could find. I really miss her, Vesper thought, turning off of the main road. I kind of wish she had come to live with us instead of the Walmarts. She shook her head and sighed, getting out of the car. She walked inside and went straight to the appliance section.

After getting the batteries and some other unneeded items, she went back to the car. On her way home, her phone rang. She checked it and found that Willow was calling her. "Hey Willow," Vesper said cheerfully, answering the phone.

"Hi Vesper," Willow's excited voice said, "Where are you right now?"

"On my way home from Costco. Churro needed some batteries for an experiment and I also got some random things because we love impulse purchases. Why?"

"I've been doing research for video idea's after we planned the meetup, and I found a place or two that we can go to. I want to check with all the gang first though."

Vesper grinned, knowing how crazy Willow's ideas were.

"So tell me this idea you have."

(-Time skip-)

Vesper hurried inside, bags in hand. She took them to the kitchen and put them on the counter, then went into the living room.

"Where's Churro and Sapphire," Vesper demanded, "Willow called and told me some meetup ideas." "I think Churro is still outside," Pancake said, peering out from under Swift's wings, "I can go get him if you need. Sapphire is in her room."

"No need to," a voice said. Churro had already come inside, hearing the car pull in. He pulled off his coat and hung it up, then sat on the floor next to the rest of them. Sapphire came walking in from the hallway, holding her phone, a smile on her face.. She sat down next to Pancake, moving her tail so it wouldn't get sat on.

"Willow's on FaceTime, lemme get her on the TV," Vesper muttered, plugging her phone into the TV and turning it on.

Willow's face appeared on the big screen. Rory and Soot were sitting in the background, drinking something out of mugs.

"Hey guys," Rory called, "How are you all doing?" Her tail was wagging happily.

"We're good," Swift answered, "You?"

"Never better," the dogbrid responded, grinning.

"I already talked to the Walmarts about this," Willow told the group through the screen, "The only person who won't know about my idea's after I tell you will be Esther, but I can call xem later."

"Just tell us already," Sapphire interrupted.

"We've been planning a huge Chaos meetup, and I've been doing some research as to places we can go." Willow made sure they were all listening. "I've found a few places that we can go to, since Halloween is almost a month away."

"Do any of them have to do with ghosts," Vesper smirked. Swift let out a yelp. The red dragonbrid snorted. "Calm down guys I'm not done," Willow said with a laugh. Behind her, Soot whispered something to Rory and they both snickered.

"Anyways, here in Georgia, we've got a few pumpkin patches and some haunted houses, but we also have some really wacky stores that I think Vesper and Churro might like." "I say yes," Sapphire said eagerly. "I second that," Vesper said, pointing at the catbrid.

"I'm in on those," Churro said. Swift and Pancake both agreed to those ideas. "You all better get packing then," Willow said, "In case you forgot, you guys are supposed to fly out in a few days." "Crap," Swift and Sapphire shouted. The two shoved themselves off the couch and ran out of the room.

"Looks like some people forgot to pack," Soot laughed from behind Willow. "Am I the only one packed right now?" Vesper asked. "I'm halfway packed," Churro muttered, getting up and walking out. "I'm not packed," Pancake said, "I don't have enough room for my pancake stuffies."

"Pancake, you don't need to bring them all," Rory spoke up, "Just bring like, four, and you should be fine." "Alright," Pancake sighed, getting up and leaving. Vesper turned to look at the three on screen. "Well, I'm going to pack my carry on," she said, "Bye everyone!"

As the call disconnected, a faint, "Bye Vesper," came through. She grinned and stood up. This next month is going to be eventful, she thought. That was a severe understatement.

--

A/N: I know, I know, shorter than the original, but I wanted to be reasonable with this one, no angst, etc. I hope you enjoyed though!

4/11/24 - I love how ironic Georgia got after DreamHack 2022 or 2023 I can't remember lol

Word count: 832