Chapter 3 - Willow, Rory

Trigger warnings do not exist in this chapter unless mild scaring is scary

Willow POV

The sound of her alarm pulled Willow awake. Yawning, she checked the time, which read 7:15 AM. Esther's flying in today, she thought with a start. In all of the recent excitement, she had forgotten about xem. We're also doing the haunted house vlog, she remembered, I feel a bit bad for making xem do it jet lagged. She got out of bed and quickly got dressed in her signature black hoodie, gray yoga pants, and shoes. She fastened her belt and knife around her waist and left the room.

She knocked on the Walmarts doors, reminding them that Esther was flying in that day. She heard mumbles of "Ok" from each of them, and satisfied, she went downstairs to cook breakfast. I'll cook some waffles today, she thought, pulling out the waffle maker.

She was pouring the batter for the first waffle to cook when she heard footsteps on the stairs.. She looked up to see Wither and Rory walk in. Rory yawned, strapping her sword onto her back, and sat down at the table. Wither walked to the cabinets and pulled out a mug.

"Where are the others," Willow asked, pulling out the first waffle and pouring batter in for a second one. "Soot insisted on waking up all of the Budgets and Rose is still getting dressed," Wither said sleepily, boiling water for his morning hot chocolate. "I told her to let them sleep in," Willow sighed.

A noise by the stairs made her look up. Swift had tried to fly down the stairs while carrying Pancake, crashed, and halfway smashed the food named girl under her floofyness. "I love you Swift, but I don't need help getting down the stairs," Pancake murmured, shoving the dragon off and getting up. "We're both jet lagged."

"What's for breakfast," Swift called, getting off the floor and following her girlfriend into the kitchen. "Waffles," Willow yelled over at the two. Pancake sat down next to Rory, placing a hand to her chest in mock offense. "Why would anyone like waffles," she murmured. "My cousin Waffle is the most annoying person ever."

Swift sat down next to her. "Well, you can't always have pancakes, Pancake," Willow laughed, pulling the last waffle out and unplugging the maker. "Rory, will you go get the others and tell them that breakfast is ready?" The husky girl nodded and left.

"I need the others so I can give them the game plan for today," Willow said to the other three. Wither sipped his drink and smiled. Willow grinned back at him as Rory came back down with Sapphire, Vesper, Soot, Rose, and Churro. "Finally," Wither muttered, draining his mug and lightly slamming it on the table.

Willow put a large plate of waffles on the table. She grabbed other plates and silverware and put them next to the waffles. "Dig in," she announced, spreading her arms wide over the food. Everyone grabbed some dishware and some waffles and started chowing down. Pancake looked a little reluctant but ended up eating four of them.

When everyone was finished, she cleared the table and then sat on the counter. "Alright people, gameplan time," she said, looking at them. "Esther is flying in today at about 10 o'clock, so some of us need to go get xem."

"I'll go," Wither offered.

"Great. Wither, will you take Sapphire, Vesper, and Rory to go meet xer?" Willow asked. The boney dragon nodded. "Pancake, Swift, Churro, and I will stay here and do some research on the haunted house I found, and Soot and Rose can start gathering supplies," she finished. "Sounds good to me," Vesper nodded.

Everyone moved at once. The group dubbed Retrieve Esther went outside to the car, the Supplies group ran upstairs, and the Study group went into the living room with their laptops.

"Alrighty then," Churro said, flipping open his computer. "Willow, give me the location."

(-Time skip and pov change-)

Rory POV

"ESTHER'S HERE," Rory shouted, opening the door. Her friends ran inside the house. Squeals of excitement came from the living room. They hadn't seen Esther in person since the Discounts had disbanded. Everyone was group hugging when she wandered into the living room, so she hopped in.

"It's been so long," Sapphire grinned, breaking up the hug. "Since I last have seen my son lost to this monster-," Vesper warbled. Pancake slapped her on the arm. "What," she muttered, "Can't sing my favorite song anymore?" No one paid attention. "Came just in time too," Swift added, "We've gotten most everything ready. All we need is the supplies that Soot and Rose went to grab."

Xey nodded, flopping on the couch with a grin. "How have you been," Churro asked. "Oh, off and on, good and bad," Esther replied, giving a thumbs up. "I've been exploring a lot of old things lately."

Swift started explaining the haunted house idea. "I'm gonna go check on Soot and Rose," Rory said. Pancake gave a thumbs up and the dogbrid left the room. The husky climbed the stairs and walked over to Soot's room. She knocked, and when no one answered, she opened the door.

The room looked empty, except for a lump on the floor by the bed. She moved closer, crouching down. The thing slowly raised its head and turned to look at her, eyes glowing a deep red.

Rory let out a scream.

--

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I've been working really hard and with the school year almost out, I don't know how many more times I'll be able to update. I'm also trying to figure out a plot for people that I want to add! I'm not saying who, but I think you might like it. Hope you enjoyed it!

Word count: 955