Chapter 4 - Swift

Trigger warnings do not exist here my dudes enjoy the chapter

Swift POV

A scream echoed through the house. Churro broke off, everyone staring at the ceiling.

"That sounded like Rory," Pancake said anxiously.

"You lot stay here," Swift ordered, "Esther, Pancake, cmon."

The three went upstairs. The door to Soot's room was open. Swift stuck her head inside and turned on the light. Rory was slumped against the dresser, panting. Soot was tangled up in a blanket at the foot of the bed, laughing.

"What's going on," Pancake muttered, shoving past Swift and into the room.

Rose stuck her head out of the closet and shouted, "IT WORKED!"

According to Rose, she and Soot had finished early, so they came up with the idea to prank anyone who came upstairs. Soot had put on red color contacts and covered herself with a blanket so they wouldn't recognize her, and then proceeded to stare at Rory when she had come in.

"Did you guys get the stuff we need packed, at least?" Swift asked, rubbing her eyes. The two nodded, Rose holding up a whole bunch of backpacks, which Swift realized were the custom ones that she and Echo had made for the gang years ago, minus all the Walmarts, who had regular ones. "We're all ready to go anyways," Esther said from the hall. Soot and Rose cleaned up, apologized to Rory, and followed the others back downstairs.

Churro was loading some coolers into the Walmart logoed car when they all came downstairs. Soot and Rose loaded the backpacks into the other car, a Ford Flex, which they had for backup. Swift, the Budgets, and Esther pulled out first, with Willow and the Walmarts following a few minutes later. While Swift drove, Pancake and Esther told everyone about the prank.

The car was filled with laughter as the trees by the road continually became larger and darker as they continued to drive up the mountain to their destination. They arrived at the mansion around 1 P.M. and had started pulling out lunch when the other car pulled into the area.

"Who's ready for food," Swift called as Willow got out of the car.

"Me," Soot shouted, launching herself out of the car window, "We've been in the car for more than an hour!"

"Soot gets hungry when she's in the car," Rose muttered to the dragon after she had gotten out. She grabbed a ham sandwich as Swift laughed, her wings flaring a bit. Pancake began tossing out sandwiches and they sat down or leaned against the cars to eat.

"So why did we come here again," Wither asked, shoving the last of his sandwich into his mouth and looking at Willow.

"I thought it would be fun," Willow said, looking at the large house looming above them. "It's almost Halloween and I was bored. Also, there are rumors of ghosts here."

Vesper looked at her girlfriend wide-eyed, "There are ghosts here?"

Willow shrugged. Vesper looked excited, Sapphire looked a little pale, Pancake looked terrified. Swift felt a little nervous herself, but she knew that as long as she could stay with the group, she would be fine.

"Well, we're all done eating," Churro said, putting his trash back in the cooler. "We may as well start recording now."

Wither turned and opened the trunk of the Walmart's car. He pulled out a bag of GoPro's with some extra straps in case they wanted to strap them to their chests or heads. Vesper took two, strapping one to her chest and putting the other in her pocket.

"We did an intro in the car," Rory told everyone as she strapped one to her wrist. Swift heard Pancake let out a small sigh of relief. She had never really adjusted to talking to cameras, and the dragon didn't blame her one bit.

"GoPro rolling," Soot called from her perch on the hood of one of the cars. She took a deep breath. "Hello again everyone," she smiled, and Swift took it to mean that she was actually recording.

"We got everyone here, finally," she continued, "And we're here at the mansion!" She panned the camera around, everyone waved. "The pumpkin patch vlog should already be out by now, but if it's not, we're all in Georgia!"

"Soot, I'm turning mine on," Sapphire said, clicking the record button on her device. "We just ate lunch," the cat girl said, "So we're gonna go inside soon."

"SOOT," Wither hollered from the trunk of the car, "WHERE DID YOU PUT THE BAGS?"

"Esther put them in the back of the Flex," she responded.

Swift could hear him rummaging through the trunk. "I found the backpacks. They were behind the spare tire," he called, yanking them out. He started chucking them at people.

"We need to split into groups," Esther said, catching xer pack with an oof.

"I agree," Churro nodded at the hybrid, "Safety in numbers, after all."

He started splitting people up into two groups. "One inside group and one outside group," he determined, moving Soot over by the blue car. "And then we can switch after a few hours!"

"Smart thinking Churro," Swift said. She pulled her backpack on and buckled the clasp to secure it.

Soon, everyone was in their gear, and with their groups. Swift would be going inside with Vesper, Churro, Pancake, and Sapphire. Esther would be staying outside with Willow, Rory, Rose, Wither, and Soot. Rory, who had turned her camera on while gearing up, held up her camera so that her entire group was in the shot.

"We got the outside group," the huskie girl smirked. "No creepy painting for us." Everyone waved. "For now," Pancake murmured. Soot waved her GoPro.

"You're gonna give them motion sickness," Willow laughed, trying to grab it from her.

Swift held up her GoPro so that her group was in the shot.

"Here wait lemme pull a Soot and give the viewers motion sickness," Vesper muttered, fumbling for the GoPro in her pocket.

"Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope you will not be doing that," Pancake said, swiping at her. The red dragonbrid ducked, laughing.

"As you can see, we're off to a great start", Swift sighed to the camera, then yelled, "CAN WE GET GOING ALREADY?!"

Churro sprinted off, the rest of them following. Sapphire picked up a big rock and began smacking the lock with it. The rusty lock broke off, clattering to the dirt road. Rose and Rory pushed the gate open, the hinges squealing loudly. "Probably for aesthetics," Wither mumbled. "Wasn't there when I drove by."

"Well," Swift muttered to the two nearest her as they walked to the front door.

"Here we go."

--

A/N: Quick chapter update before I go to the movies. Just a lot of goofing off, but the next chapter will be much more promising. I hope. Hope you enjoyed it!

Word count: 1132