Chapter 2 - Churro, Vesper

Trigger warnings consist of nope nada nothing

Churro POV

(One week later)

Three of them were sitting in some chairs, waiting for their flight to be called. Churro kept checking his watch anxiously. Vesper and Sapphire had gotten stuck in security, which worried him, as their flight was boarding in 10 minutes.

The yellow dragon sighed, slumping down in his chair. He pulled his phone out and was about to text the group chat when Sapphire came sprinting through the busy airport crowd.

"There you are," Churro greeted her, feeling relieved. "Where's Vesper?"

"She's hurrying," Sapphire panted, "Security made a big fuss about her monocle and I have no clue why." Churro sighed. "Every time," he mumbled, remembering the first time they had gotten delayed because of it. Sometimes he wished she hadn't been so obsessed with auctions a few years back, but she had spent almost 500 dollars on it, so he figured it was ok.

"Oh, here she is," Sapphire pointed, tail twitching, as Vesper squeezed between two rather big panther-birds and stopped right before almost falling on a chair. "I'm here, I'm fine. Security was just a pain with my monocle as usual." She started to sit down, but the intercom went off, making her jump up again.

"Attention, Flight 804 is now boarding, Flight 804 is now boarding."

"Finally," Churro grumbled, picking up his bag.

"That's us, you two," Sapphire grinned, pulling Pancake out of Swift's grasp. Vesper yanked Swift off the chair and grabbed her own back. "Why do I feel like you take pleasure in removing people from comfortable positions," Swift sighed, grabbing her bag and following the group through the crowd.

"Where's the gate, where's the gate," Churro said to himself, peering straight over a large group of four foot tall snakebrids. Sometimes he hated the No Flying rule, but he knew it was reasonable.

"Over there," Swift shouted, barreling through a group of short avians, dragging Pancake behind her. Vesper and Sapphire took off after the two. Churro spun on his heel and followed them.

The group arrived at the gate very winded. They all waited while Vesper checked them into the flight, then followed her into the plane. They stopped in first class, Vesper pointing everyone to their own seats. "Thanks for getting us first class," Sapphire said, entering her own spot.

Churro settled into his own seat with a happy sigh. These seats are really comfortable, he thought, Maybe I'll take a nap. He found a button on the side of his seat and pressed it. It became a bed, and as he settled down, the pilot (or whoever does that announcement stuff) began his pre-flight talk.

He never heard it all, however, because he fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

(-Time skip-)

Vesper POV

"How dare you," Vesper said matter of factly to her laptop, as her Roblox character fell through the floor in an obby. A shout of "sorry" came from another VC player. "You're fine," she replied, leaving the game. "Let's play some Adopt Me," she said, tweeting out a private server link.

She played for an hour with her fans, then was interrupted by a pilot announcement. "Attention passengers. We will be landing within 15 minutes. Please prepare yourselves. Your bags will be taken separately."

A whole bunch of "you're on a plane" questions surrounded her. "Shhhhhhh," she said, "Don't tell anyone." She left the game and cleaned up her area, preparing to exit the plane.