Chapter 12 - Sigils

Trigger warnings if mild sadness like very mild sadness hurts you then maybe don't read this on haha

Sigils POV

The four ghosts walked into the living room the following morning and settled themselves on the couch. The Budgets were curled up comfortably, Pancake had her new wings wrapped around Swift, which was new for both of them. "We're actually doing this?" Vesper asked, glancing at them. "We're sure," Sigils responded firmly.

"What will we even say?" Churro murmured. "You know them best, I mean, what should we send them?" The four looked at each other, tapping into their mind link for a bit.

"Start with Ssundee," Henwy said finally. "Message little avian boi and tell him that you're looking to do a collaboration. You all have a few million subs each on your own channels and about the same on your group channel. He'll probably accept it. You can do the collab and we can say hi at some point." Churro was rapidly typing away on his phone.

"I suppose Zud next," Biffle said. Sigils nodded at him. "Zud's also a draconian. There's a convention for draconians coming up that he goes to every year that's in Seattle. Some of us can go, so we don't need to contact him, we just need to get tickets. Vesper, Swift, and Churro could go but really only one of us needs to get in because we have larger boundaries with the bonds."

"Got that," Vesper said, pulling up the site and looking for tickets. Churro turned to look at her. "We can all get in now, you know. Pancake looks more draconic than she used to, you and I are about 50% draconic, and Swift is at least 70%." Vesper "oh"-ed in realization.

"Who's next?" "Garry and Kate," Nico said. "They live within two blocks of each other. You can usually find them at local parks hanging out together." "So we're gonna need to fly out to California," Sapphire said. "Yeah. A lot of us live or have lived there," Biffle replied.

The group quickly messaged everyone they needed to, then sat back to wait for a response. A sudden ping echoed through the room. "Who got it," Sapphire asked, checking her own phone. "Me," Churro said. "It's from Ssundee. He said he's down to collab but he wants to know how we got his phone number." "That makes sense though," Vesper laughed. "You guys should start scheduling things, I'm going to buy tickets for DracoCon."

Sapphire came running in, Echo close behind. "Hi guys," Sapphire said breathlessly. "We're playing tag, you're welcome to play with us when you're done!" Echo smacked the girl with a paw and grinned. "You're it!" They darted out of the room and Sapphire chased after them.

"I've got tickets for DracoCon Winter, which is in December." Vesper glanced at the electronic calendar at the wall. "Wow, Halloween is in a week. I didn't realize that." Their new friends, although they were dead, looked excited. "You guys realize what we can do, right?" Sigils grinned and eyed the other three Regulars.

Henwy clapped his hands together and grinned. "We could scare the living sh- I mean crap out of people." He quickly switched his words when Churro sent him a death glare. Biffle and Nico were already talking animatedly under their breath, hand gestures flying everywhere. Vesper grinned at Sigils. "Now that we're back in Utah, we've got some great places for that stuff."

Sigils pulled a phone out of his pocket and glanced at it in surprise. "So it turns out we don't need our brains, we can just use our phones." Biffle glanced up. "We still have our phones?" "Apparently," Sigils laughed, opening his camera roll. "Everything is still here too." Biffle pulled his own phone out. Nico put his hand on his friend's shoulder and whispered something into his ear.

Sigils saw the sadness in his best friend's eyes. He gave him a look as if to say, "Everything will be ok. We can do this." Biffle gave him a small smile. Swift and Vesper were talking about the convention, and Churro was figuring things out with Ssundee over text.

Biffle, Henwy, and Nico stood up and headed for the door. Sigils stayed on the couch. "You gonna come outside with us?" Henwy asked. Sigils glanced up. "I want to stay in here for a little bit, ask some questions, you know the deal..." His three friends left the room and went outside to watch the Walmarts and some of the Discounts and Budgets play tag.

He scrolled through his old social media, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube. He smiled at all of the tributes that had been tagged to his and his friends' accounts, and he read as many written tributes as he could. He spotted a few from Swift and Echo. He guessed that the Pravum had died about a year after he had, as their last social post was in 2023 and their profile picture was complete black.

Churro, Pancake, and Swift finished their planning and left the room to join the younger kids, leaving Vesper curled up on the couch. Sigils looked up to find the younger girl staring at him. "I can tell you have questions," she grinned at him. "I do have a few," he admitted. "Is Vesper your actual name?"

"It's not, if that comes as a surprise to you. All of us here met online and that's what we go by because we're so used to it. In fact, none of us know Churro's or Wither's legal name. The Walmarts also remain a mystery cause they still live with their parents." Her brow furrowed in concentration. "I know Rory's though, we've been friends since I was in the 4th grade."

She sighed. "To be honest with you, I never thought I'd be sitting in the same room with the author of Soul Fraud." Sigils arched an eyebrow at her. "Dead or alive, doesn't matter to me," the draconic amended her statement. He laughed. "I'm just glad I finished the series before I, ya know, died."

Vesper's eyes turned sad. "I remember the video. I was depressed for days, the whole community was going nuts because your producers didn't give us any details. Willow and I were especially sad because we were going to meet up in Cali and meet you at... it was either TwitchCon or Vidcon, I can't remember."

Sigils sighed. "We won't ever be able to be back on camera, will we." Vesper looked at him. "I don't think so. Not as you were anyways." "I thought so," he said. He lifted his hat and ruffled his new hair. The girl covered her face and he gave her a questioning look.

"You with hair will forever be weird to me," she laughed. Sigils laughed and put his hat back on. "We should go outside before people start asking if any of us died." She stood up and exited the room, running out to join the ever-going game of tag.

The Youtuber sat on the couch a moment longer, thinking about everything that had happened in the last few years. No matter how weird his new friends might be, he was glad that they were able to help him and his friends reconnect with the real world. As he joined his friends in the shade of the house, he couldn't help but feel excited as the next era of his life was beginning.

-

A/N: I liked the conversation between me and Sigils cause I felt like we needed a moment of peace but why does that last paragraph sound cringe to me like ew but hey I ACTUALLY WROTE A NEW CHAPTER YAY! I didn't want to give up on this story and I kinda gave an Irregular(TM) a direct link to this book so I felt a new chapter was needed. Anyways I'm gonna grind and hopefully get it done soon! Hope you liked this chapter!

Word count: 1324