Chapter 11 - Churro

Trigger warnings do not exist in here

Churro POV

(two months later)

"Finally, off the plane," Churro exclaimed, running through the airport, suitcase in hand. Swift, Vesper, Pancake, and Sapphire behind him. Swift was almost healed, but still took time to move from one place to another. Vesper was as good as new, so she and Sapphire were right behind him. Pancake was a little ways behind with Swift.

He reached the doors and burst through them. "Home sweet home," he called. "Well, almost." Turning around, he shouted, "I'm the first one out!" "I beg to differ," a voice called from ahead of him. Churro whipped around to see Nico leaning against the group's car. He waved lazily. "Drat," Churro grinned as Sapphire and Vesper came running out, followed by Henwy and Echo, who could only be seen by them.

Swift and Pancake walked outside a few minutes later. Churro had already started the car and the rest of them were inside. The five ghosts were chilling in the back, while everyone else got regular seats.

The ride home was relatively quick, the whole car filled with jokes and laughter. Unloading went quickly. They just threw their suitcases in their rooms and went down to the living room. "After a long time," Sapphire sighed happily, sinking into her favorite chair. "We were only gone for three months," Vesper laughed.

The Regulars quickly made themselves comfortable, despite not needing much. They didn't need food at all, and a quick nap could power them for four weeks. They could also tap into people's minds and talk to them that way, when they had to hide themselves from the public eye, which was pretty helpful.

"So I suppose we're back from our break?" Churro asked. "I guess so," Sapphire mumbled. "I actually kind of liked the break." "We all appreciated it," Vesper said calmly. "But I think it's about time we got back to work. We have to survive, after all."

"We also need to get in contact with our friends," Nico reminded them quietly. "That is true," Pancake said. "I feel like it would be weird if a random number just texted them out of the blue saying 'I have a surprise to do with your dead friends can we meet up'." "She does have a point," Sigils said thoughtfully.

They sat in silence for a while, trying to think of the best way to contact the crew. "I've got an idea," Sapphire said. "What is it?" Was the reply.

"We use our individual Twitter, Youtube, or Instagram accounts to message them. If they don't get the message or whatnot, we can use their numbers. Sounds good?" "Fine by me," Vesper said. Everyone else nodded. "We should probably get back to work though, wait a couple weeks, ya know?" "Sounds ok with me," Biffle said. "See if we can find any ghost friends while you guys are working."

"Sounds perfect," Churro said happily. They all dispersed. Churro pulled his coat on and walked outside to his shed in the backyard. He entered, pulling his coat off and turning on the light. "Hello my pet," He said gently to his experiments, sitting down at the table.

He spent an hour outside tinkering with his latest experiment. Only when Sapphire called to say they were going out to dinner did he leave, mind brewing with ideas. The whole group headed out to a local Arby's. They ate and talked and laughed and had a very good time.

As they were driving home, Churro turned to the others and asked, "Tomorrow?" Everyone nodded. "We'll contact them tomorrow." Churro nodded and settled back down. Tomorrow would be a long day.

--

A/N: Hi guys! I know it's been a while but I kinda lost all motivation to write this story after all this stuff happened, ya know, Henwy leaving, Regulars doing more irl vids, etc. I finally decided to get in and grind through the rest of the story so I don't leave yalls hanging. I don't know if I'll continue the sequel but I will get this done, promise. Big thanks to you guys who've stayed with me this whole time. I hope you enjoyed this short chapter! 

Word count: 695