Chapter 8 - Swift

Trigger warnings is once again some fancy sparkly magic stuff

Swift POV

"He's right. It's your turn," Vesper said, looking at the fluffy blue dragon. Biffle moved to where Henwy had been standing moments ago and looked at Swift expectantly. She gulped, fighting off a panic attack as she moved to face the ghost that had once been her idol.

Vesper caught her arm, "You good?" "As good as I can be," Swift let out a nervous laugh, gesturing to her body, then to the room, "It's just hard to believe that this is happening, is all." Vesper smiled at her. "Don't worry, it's painless," she assured her fellow dragon. "Just read it to make sure you know it, then do what Henwy and I did."

Void and Henwy moved to where she had been sitting earlier. Swift read the incantation, then she let Biffle look at it. She chucked the phone back to Vesper, then asked, "Give us a countdown?" Vesper nodded, "Three, two... One."

"Defunctum huic Terrae vinctum, Adhaesit vita alterius nativitatis, Liga te ad animam viventem, Et habeat potestatem omnis exercitus." 

The same thing happened to them. A faint circle appeared and they began to sparkle.

"Defunctum huic Terrae vinctum, Adhaesit vita alterius nativitatis, Liga te ad animam viventem, Et habeat potestatem omnis exercitus." 

Swift felt as if something was slowly trickling out of her. She glanced down at herself and almost swore. She was becoming see-through. Swift glanced at Biffle, who looked like he was becoming more solid. The light increased, nearly blinding her.

"Defunctum huic Terrae vinctum, Adhaesit vita alterius nativitatis, Liga te ad animam viventem, Et habeat potestatem omnis exercitus."

The light from the circle flew up around them, encircling them in a sphere. Swift blinked, trying to get the light out of her eyes. Biffle held out his hand, and she took it. The light swirled around her head, and she passed out.

(A few moments later)

Swift woke to Vesper shaking her, much like she had done to the other dragon when Vesper had passed out. "It worked," the hybrid said with a grin. Swift sat up groggily. Across the room, Henwy was helping Biffle stand up. The two Regulars embraced each other as Vesper pulled Swift up from the ground.

Swift started examining herself. Her fur was a deeper shade of blue, and her arms and legs were flecked with patches of brown fur. Her wings were more leathery and were flecked with black. She could also barely sense the walls. "Did my voice change?" Swift asked, then snorted. Her voice had gotten deeper, a little more than Vesper's, but it was noticeable.

"Let's go grab Pancake, Sapphire, and Churro," Vesper said, "We need to bond Sigils and Nico, then do something about Echo, then we can go home." She looked over at the two Regulars, who were chatting quietly in the corner. Swift studied her bondmate. He didn't seem to have changed much, other than the fact that his bat-like features were laced with dark blue. She snickered, remembering that if Henwy's voice changed, Biffle's would have as well.

Vesper checked the time. "Dang, it's almost 5 P.M," she said. The two dead people looked up. "Time is a little wonky for us," Biffle said, "Especially because British Boi over here had to adapt from England time to L.A. time, and then to Georgia time when we flew out." He looked slightly exasperated when he heard his regular voice.

Swift laughed. "Come on guys," she said, throwing open the door with newfound strength, "Let's go get our friends."

She walked out into the hallway, passing Echo and Sapphire who were curled up in a corner together, talking in undertones. Swift found the door that Churro and Pancake had gone into and kicked in open. The hinges squealed like a dying cat as Pancake, Churro, Sigils, and Nico whirled around.