Chapter 9 - Esther

Trigger warning is hospital things but its kinda mild

Esther POV

"We have to get her to a hospital," Esther said, scooping up the unconscious dragon. "How?" Wither asked. "There's no service up here." "Wither, take Willow and Sapphire and go find some locals," Esther ordered. The three bolted off down the road, Willow on Wither's back so as to go faster.

Esther carried Swift over to one of the cars. Xey laid down the seats and put a blanket over them so blood wouldn't get all over them. Rory, Rose, and Soot lifted Swift into the back. "I always have an emergency kit on me," xey murmured, pulling it off xer belt.

Rory stood by just in case she was needed. The rest of the Chaos gang hung back with the four Regulars. Esther searched Swift for a wound source, finding a large gash down her left side. Xey carefully cleaned the wound with rubbing alcohol, then smeared some ointment around the wound. Pulling out several bundles of bandages, xey beckoned to Rory to help xem hold up the dragon while she bound the wound.

"All done," Esther finally said, easing the dragon down. She was still breathing, but a little faintly. Pancake went to sit by her partner, patting her fur. "I've got a cut down my leg," Vesper murmured, reaching for the bandages. Esther slapped her hand away. "Let me do that."

Two injured people and several bandages later, everyone was patched back together as best as they could be. A few minutes later, Wither and Willow came back, two people following. "Where's Sapphire," Churro asked. "Trying to find one more person," Wither said.

The two new people were anthropomorphic cats. One was a dark gray with a deep blue underbelly. He had a tuft of neon blue fur on top of his head, and had a faint look of distaste in his piercing blue eyes. The other was a dark tan color, with streaks of purple on her body. She had a mop of black and purple fur on her head, and she grinned at everyone, purple eyes alight with something.

"Games is the gray cat, Triple is the tan and purple cat," Wither said. "Games, Triple, these are my friends." They all introduced themselves, mentioning the unconscious dragon in the back. Noise from the road caused Esther to look over. Sapphire was back, also not alone.

"I got one more local," Sapphire said once she reached them. The other person was an eaglebrid. She was tall and lanky, large golden eagle wings on her back. Feathers lined her hair, which was a deep gold-brown. Esther could see some pink stripes in it. She was wearing a plain black hoodie with a pair of jeans. Her shoes were Converse. "This is Lily," Sapphire said. The girl waved hello.

"Let's get down to business," Esther started. "To defeat the Huns," Vesper sang. "Not the time," Rose murmured. Vesper subsided. "One of our friends got injured in that building," xey said, "Do any of you know the closest healer or hospital to this area?" The three newcomers looked at each other.

"My mom's a healer," Lily said shyly. "She uses herbs and flowers and such to heal. She can help your friend with healing but I'm not so sure about the blood loss." "Oh thank you Lily," Pancake sighed, getting up and hugging the girl. The eaglebrid awkwardly patted the girl, then pulled away and said, "I live just down the street. Follow me."

Pancake and Churro jumped in the car with Swift in it, and everyone else followed the eagle girl. They arrived at a small house surrounded by different herbs and flowers. "In here," Lily beckoned. "Only two others please. We don't really have a lot of space."

"Pancake," Esther said, "Help me get Swift inside." Lily went ahead to tell her mom while the two eased the dragon through the door. They were met by a woman who looked like their new friend, but with gray feathers instead. "Into the kitchen," was all she said.

Esther and Pancake laid Swift on the table and went back outside. "She's being taken care of," Esther said. The whole group sighed with relief, even the Regulars, though they had only known each other for a short amount of time.

They paced back and forth for about an hour when Lily's mom came outside. "How is she," Biffle and Pancake asked at the same time. "She'll be ok. The gash in her side is pretty serious, but whoever treated the wound did a good job." Esther gave a small smile.

"A few of her ribs are cracked, and she has a broken ankle," Lily's mother continued. "I've bound her ankle best I could but you'll have to take her to a hospital." "Thank you so much," Vesper said, moving forward and shaking her hand. "Call me Artemis," was the reply.

Lily beckoned to Pancake and Esther again. "Come get her." They moved Swift back into the car. Artemis came running back outside, a small bag in hand. "Here are some herbs for treatment," she said, giving it to Rose. "Some dandelion powder pills that I made for anti-inflammatory, some calendula for making tea or for ointment, and some chamomile for healing."

Pancake threw her arms around both the eaglebrids. Everyone else started loading into cars. "Thank you again," Esther said, firmly shaking Artemis' and Lily's hands. "Any time," Artemis replied, handing xem a slip of paper. "My number, just in case."

Esther waved goodbye as xey got into one of the vehicles. "Everyone accounted for?" "The Regulars are with their hosts," Soot said. "Other than that, yes. "Good good," Esther sighed. "Now let's get this dragon to the hospital."

--

A/N: Chapter 9 is done, and we have three new characters! Here they are! 

Games - CBZ_Games

Triple - No Wattpad account

Lily - RealLilyZen

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Might be one of the last ones I can get done before I have to turn my computer in. See you at the next chapter!

Word count: 1064