The different Era.

So I'm a plaything of the gods

One of the broads caught in their game

 Ain't that a shame?

 One day they'll use my head but cleave

And leave the rest of me behind

Which seems unkind

Whitney Avalon - Plaything of the Gods

《No ones Pov》

As she struggled to contain her gags from wanting to puke, Y/n let go of the arrow and let her hand fall to the chilly marble floor. The Greek mythology book abruptly vanished from view, and the golden arrow shrank and changed into a necklace as she was preoccupied with attempting to restore her composure.

When the necklace flew up and wrapped around Y/n's neck causing her to touch the arrow necklace, her hand began to burn and jolt in pain as she struggled to remove it. When she eventually looked up and tiredly cast a glance about, her breathing became a little deeper.

 Where was she? How exactly did she get here? With magic? Was that actually magic of some kind? How else might such bizarre occurrences be explained?

As she cocked her head, Y/n observed shattered pillars, some of which were still standing, and statues? The space appeared to have been somewhat deserted.

 Why were there so many stone statues of individuals, some carrying weapons and others staring in terror, all around the place?

She wobbled around the area after standing up, curiously tracing her fingertips on the stone sculptures while her body was still a little lightheaded from the teleportation.

This was still a stunning and gorgeous setting to be in, even with all the bizarre commotion around it. It felt like something out of time to Y/n, and she wondered if perhaps this was some kind of fever dream.

She initially felt sick, but as the sensation passed, a smile spread across her face as she sprinted around the smooth marble floors, gliding past any obstacles that could be in her path.

However, the woman was unaware that someone was looking at her carefully from behind a number of standing pillars as they followed Y/n in the shadows.

With her arms spread wide as she spun around, Y/n smiled broadly. At least she was still in a peaceful environment, right?

"What are you doing here?" A feminine voice declared, the voice was soft but at the same time menacing and booming, Y/n's body froze she wondered if the individual had seen her careless show of behavior when a gentle yet scary and loud feminine voice announced those words. Y/n appeared to be straining to hear the person's voice through the pillars, but all she could hear were rustling movements, indicating that the individual clearly didn't want to be seen.

At last, Y/n spoke up, "I feel a little disoriented. Where are you? Would you prefer me to look at or face the person I'm speaking to---I'm a bit lost?" Y/n enquired with curiosity while continuing to search for the source of the voice.

She stopped searching because it was pointless because the person was moving much more quickly than she was, and it appeared that they didn't want to be seen.

"Be careful, there might be a snake over there." What appeared to be a snake tail was hidden behind one of the several pillars. Without a clue that she was speaking to a Gorgon, Y/n declared to the individual with a hint of fear in her voice.

'Thank you for the concern, however, your lies will do no good..Have you come to kill me..?" The woman spoke coldly, ready to pounce on an enemy if needed.  "That is merely horrible, and I wouldn't act in such a way!" Y/n appeared a little irritated, but she actually realized that it would be prudent to not use caution, if this was the person's home and she was the intruder then she would be in the wrong.

Y/n hastily apologized because she didn't want to be seen as an intruder because she had unexpectedly teleported within this place. Suddenly, a woman, no, the Gorgon, approached her and stared directly into her eyes, meaning for Y/n to also turn to stone. 

However, this did not occur.

Medusa gasped in shock, wondering how it was possible. Why wasn't the woman turning into stone? The Gorgon retreated. Maybe the gods sent this individual to finish her out for good. She was confused as to why nothing was occurring, and the snakes on her head hissed in disbelief.

"Wow." In astonishment, Y/n gazed upon a genuine Gorgon. Was this a cosmetics product for looks? She did, however, unexpectedly teleport here, so it truly wasn't the case. But wouldn't she turn to stone then? She didn't turn to stone, and it appeared that the Gorgon was equally surprised.

The Gorgon had high beauty despite being half serpent, although no one could probably even remark that as they would be turned to stone before they even had a decent look, so Y/n wasn't sure if she was supposed to be offended or not since the Gorgon did try to turn her into a statue.

"What is your name?" Slowly, Y/n inquired, attempting not to frighten the Gorgon "Shouldn't you be aware of that? Come to murder me?" While hiding behind a pillar and hissing, Medusa poked her head out from behind it.

Y/n couldn't help but chuckle out loud in response to the adorable reaction. If Y/n possessed some sort of divine power, Medusa would have been prepared to slither away as her razor-sharp claws dug into the pillar.

"Is your name Medusa?" Y/n said as she inched closer and lowered her posture to appear less scary. Medusa was going to slither away when Y/n asked a mild question, but an unexpected figure entered the room.

While keeping his sword and shield close to him and erecting a proud guard, Perseus proudly looked around for the Gorgon known as Medusa.

Instead of a violent Gorgon, he encountered a stunning woman with H/c hair and flawless S/c complexion, who completely captivated him.

Inhaling saliva, Perseus pondered why the woman was in such a perilous situation while also appearing to be so alluring. "Pardon me?" Eventually recognized and wondered how Y/n could speak or even understand Greek. Perseus carefully posed the same Greek language as Medusa was speaking.

Y/n frantically barely uttered, "Go." When Medusa heard what Y/n said, she didn't have to pause to consider it, and she quickly left the area. 

The Gorgon was running, and Perseus saw it, but for some reason, he didn't want to chase after her.

Without any longer caring about his purpose to destroy the Gorgon, Perseus remarked to Y/n, "I can help you out of this dreadful land."