Achilles Heel

A/n: The picture is what I imagine Aphrodite to look like...I added a bit of censorship because you could see---the rose buds, if you understand what I mean by that...haha..

《No ones Pov》

Y/n awoke with a groan, her face buried into a hard chest. Y/n then realized she was gripping someone's torse too firmly and opened her eyes to view the fast and sound sleeping Achilles.

Y/n drew back, not expecting Achilles to wrap her in a massive bear embrace and cuddle her in his sleep. "E-Ehm—-Achilles?" Y/n inquired, attempting to awaken him, but he remained still. "Hello? Achilles?!" Y/n inquired more forcefully.

Y/n felt the strong arms ease after a few seconds of stillness, and she carefully turned to her side to find Achilles groggily opening his eyes to gaze at her. He pursed his lips and leaned his head against his palm, his gaze fixed on Y/n.

Y/n was paying close attention to Achilles' soft intakes of air. "Get ready to depart shortly, I'll have armor delivered here for you to where...staying in one place isn't save in the midst of war." He grumbled, extending his muscles slightly before rising up and leaving the tent.

She was afraid, so she put her palm over her racing heart and let out trembling breaths. Was she sent here to help people? If so, she's doing a good job at it—-but what's in it for her? Will it be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to improve her writing skills? -whatever it was, whatever she was receiving in return—-maybe—maybe she was getting nothing, but the warm feeling she gets when she saves someone—-a its lovely sensation...

Not to mention exciting, Y/n hasn't felt this level of danger in a long time. Y/n ran a hand through her hair, attempting to comb it through with her fingers, but it didn't help... Y/n was attempting to do this when she was surprised to see Achilles re-enter the chamber with a set of armor.

"Here." Achilles delivered the armor to Y/n, who glanced at it and said a short 'thank you.' Achilles had left his shadowy form outside the tent, waiting for Y/n to change.

Y/n examined the armor; it was nothing extraordinary, simply ordinary-looking armor... Y/n began to put it on, with some difficulty, not knowing which went where, but after some careful thought, she managed to get it on, despite the fact that it was significantly larger than her.

As she walked out of the tent, she noticed Achilles chuckling with some Greek troops before turning back to her. "You appear...nice." Slowly, he complimented her. "Why is the girl dressed in armor?" One Greek inquired carefully, seeing that it was one of Patroclus' armor, which he frequently wore before being slain.

The other troops appear to have seen and exchanged glances. "Wow, that armor is—-" Achilles' furious look cut short one soldier's short.

"What occurs now?" Y/n inquired gently, knowing she would have regretted her remarks.

《Time skip》

Y/n's ears were ringing as she swallowed down her spit forcefully, her breath ragged. As she rested against one of the pillars of Apollo's temple, an arrow flew over her face. Achilles was now negotiating the termination of the war with the Trojan princess Polyxena.

Y/n stumbled to her feet, gasping for breath when she felt something stinging on her neck. Her throat was choked as she gazed at the man—-no, the prince—— Y/n initially mistook it for Paris, but upon closer inspection through her terrified eyes, it was Hector

"I found you." He mumbled, grasping her arm and leading her to a secluded area of the temple. Y/n couldn't say anything as he snuggled up with her in the hiding area, listening intently to her gasps of air. "How come you—" Hector already understood what Y/n was meaning to say, therefore she didn't need to complete what she was trying to say. "Didn't you save me first?" He objected, his gaze fixed on her face.

After a time, Y/n gradually softened her flaming gaze "Your brother still believes you're dead— He's attempting to hunt and kill Achilles!" Y/n almost shouted it too loudly, but Hector quickly silenced her. "I know...pushing him to his capabilities, to be better...—all because of revenge—!-what were your words again?" he said with a big grin. He came to a halt, letting out a low chuckle in response to Y/n's horrified stare.

"Did you really believe that few meaningless words could end such a cycle?" Hector questioned with a chuckle. "It stopped Achilles..." Y/n flinched at his severity. She mumbled as she tried to leave the protected place, but Hector stopped her.

"I must say, Achilles is preferable to most..." He softly purred to Y/n, murmuring into her ear, "However, me and my brother, we truly aren't..." Several seconds of quiet. Hector shifted his weight away from Y/n's face, noting her icy demeanor.

Suddenly! Y/n spat right in his eyes, as she took a run for it, far as her feet would take her, avoiding the slashing of swords, throwing of arrows and spears at her as she ran, and ran.

"ACHILLES!" Y/n screamed just as Paris shot the arrow.

-

-

-

"Y/n?" Achilles murmured dropping his shield and spear as he ran over to her limp body on the floor, an arrow planted right in her chest, it looked deep. He pulled the girl close to his body, looking down at her crying face. She tried to speak any words, something, but she gargled down onto her own blood.

Achilles seriously shook his head in disbelief, picking up his spear and choking it towards Paris who dodged it by a second.

"It's okay, it's okay--" Achilles whispered not bothering to hide his cracked and broken voice, his face contorting back in fourth from sorrow and anger.

Particles sparkle off of Y/n's body
her body gleaming in a golden light,
Achilles Holden her body tight.
 As she vanished from all sight,
at which point, upon midnight

But alas, the question is, 'perhaps the aggression of the obsession is over?---'

No, No, no....It has only begun

/////

A/n: What did you think of the little poem I created??