Sweet Perseus

Mythical, so mystical, think what you like
You could be the sword, the shield,

Defender of
The people down below

You know I fought for love

Be kind to those around ya'; don't be merciless

Remember me for my name is Perseus

Unknown Brains - Perseus

A/n: This is Perseus reimagined as Medusa, its the only really good art I could find on Perseus, so just imagine this is his looks, but imagine him with dark hair and no snakes

《No ones Pov》

Because of accidental remarks made by Cassiopeia, his lover's mother, Perseus understood that his task was to kill the evil Gorgon Medusa and use her to vanquish the sea monster Poseiden had dispatched. He couldn't permit the sacrifice of Andromeda to take place.

Perseus had time to reconsider his previous conclusions but he was unable to personally direct the woman away from the area, saying, "You should leave as soon as possible." When Perseus spoke to Y/n, she took notice of his shiny shield.

"Are you going to slay the Gorgon?" Y/n asked with pursed lips. Perseus nodded in response as he questioned how the woman knew. As Perseus prepared to advance in search of Medusa, he unexpectedly deflected an arrow that was intended for him.

Medusa fired another arrow in an attempt to get the slayer to look into her eyes in order to turn him into stone like the many others who had tried and failed. She glared around and erupted at her missed shot.

Because of the horrifying stories of Medusa turning people into stone with just a single glance at her eyes, he dared not approach her immediately. "Do not fixate on her eyes," Y/n was immune to Medusa's cursed gaze when Perseus spoke to her; he was unaware of this.

As the two combatants continued their struggle, Y/n started to think of what to do, "Stop!" In a loud voice, Y/n declared that. Although both of their eyes briefly focused on her, they continued to harbor zero trust for one another.

"Please pay attention to me for a moment." Y/n intervened between the two, risking her life so that her words might reach their ears.

"You don't have to kill one another, what do you want?" Y/n asked after taking a long breath. Despite already knowing the answer, Y/n posed the question to Perseus: "I want to....save my loved one." Despite the fact he considered her his beloved, Perseus refused to refer to the person he was going to rescue by that name for some strange reason.

"What does have to do with me?" growled Medusa. "Your power of turning people into stone, of course," he muttered. Directly speaking, Perseus questioned whether he should have kept that a secret as it was none of their business. Perseus didn't even consider turning his head to look at Medusa while he was speaking.

"Do you believe you can help him, I mean, it's better than getting killed right?" Y/n asked after a brief pause. Still struggling to comprehend that she was in a mythical age, Y/n made a few laughs to lighten the strange atmosphere.

Medusa stared bemusedly at the lady "Why would I do that when Athena sent you, didn't she? I can recognize such weaponry---I AM NO FOOL!!" When Medusa thought of Athena, her mind was filled with rage as she wailed.

She was once beautiful, but now she was this nasty unloved unlooked-after beast! Her howl sounded like a screech of absolute wrath, which it was, but it was also filled with enormous anguish at such memories!

Wait...unseen- Medusa abruptly dropped her bow and slithered over to Y/n with astonishing speed. She had been howling and screeching prior to this.

A genuine smile finally appeared on Medusa's face as she tenderly traced her hands down Y/n's face and gazed deeply into her eyes. It felt amazing to have a chance and not be able to turn this woman into stone.

Perseus couldn't help but gaze at what the Gorgon was doing to Y/n, but was surprised to learn that Y/n wasn't turning to stone and that, in contrast to what the Gorgon's legends claimed, Medusa didn't even appear half as horrible. 

In fact, Perseus thought Medusa was very stunning even though he only side glanced at her.

When Medusa realized she could genuinely stare at someone, her fury and agitated demeanor subsided. She said, "I guess, I shall do that exactly." While rubbing her hands across Y/n's delicate skin, Medusa purred.

"After all, I assume when you were done using my head it would be delivered to Athena?" Medusa asked without even bothering to look at Perseus who responded with a quick yes. A small chuckle escaped Medusa's mouth.

"I'd like to witness or at the very least hear about her disappointment in not receiving my severed head. I'll help you, but first We need to bring this little mortal here; it's been a long time since I could gaze at someone without turning them into a statue."

Perseus gave it some thought for a time, "How will I know you won't simply turn everyone, including myself, into stone? How am I going to travel with someone I can't even look at?" A serious question from Perseus caused Medusa to pause.

"What about something like a blindfold so she can still partially see through it but you can't see her eyes?" Y/n asked,  Perseus suddenly replied, "That might work, I believe I have some cloth in my satchel in case of wounds," Y/n pulled away from Medusa who was rather disappointed at such actions but let her do so.

Y/n grabbed Perseus's satchel watched and pulled out multiple clothes that might work, she then began trying them on Medusa. Y/n started using her own observation skills if she could see Medusa's eyes through the cloth

"This is a nice one..." Medusa spoke softly, "I can see, but, it's a challenge to do so, but——it will do," as Y/n held in her cheer.

Perseus lifted his gaze staring at Medusa and her covered eyes, phew, he wasn't turning into stone...