Chapter 2

I was woken up by a slap in the face. The burning pain reminded me of yesterday's event, what a shitty day.

I looked up and saw that it was the old man I fought yesterday, or rather the one I would have beaten up yesterday if I hadn't been grabbed from behind.

Y/N: Good to see you again old man, you having trouble winning a fair one on one against me? Is that why you tied me to a chair?

Joel: You talk too much, but that's good, because I want you to answer some questions for us.

Y/N: Us?

He moved away from my face and then I saw that Ellie was there too.

Y/N: Oh, hey Ellie.

Ellie: Hey.

She answered and went into the cell.

Joel: How does he know your name?

Ellie: He must have heard Jesse call me by my name.

Joel: You seem to remember a lot of things. But while we're at it, what's your name?

Y/N: Why do you care what my name is?

Joel: See, we're here to find out as much as we can about you and then decide whether or not to let you live.

Y/N: Wow, and who exactly decides that?

Joel: The whole village, we vote.

Y/N: Well, considering that I tried to steal something from you, I can imagine what the votes will be like.

Joel: We are not bloodthirsty, but we are fair. So if you cooperate, we will all appreciate it and your chances of survival will increase. And I'm sure you want to survive, because that's who you are, aren't you? A Survivor.

Y/N: You're right about that.

Joel: Do you have a group?

Y/N: No.

Joel: Tell me the truth.

Y/N: I did.

Joel: So you just walked in here by yourself?

Y/N: Exactly.

Ellie: I told you he was a stray.

Joel: I don't buy it. Do you have any contacts with the WLF?

Y/N: I don't have any contacts with anyone.

Joel: Have you ever met them or cooperated with them.

Y/N: Cooperated? No. But I have stolen some weapons from them.

The surprise was written all over Joel's and Ellie's faces.

Ellie: You stole weapons from the WLF?

I nodded.

Joel: What exactly did you steal?

Y/N: A sniper and two assault rifles, but the latter two are no longer in my possession.

Joel: Why is that?

Y/N: I was attacked by surprise, I didn't have time to take everything.

Joel: By whom?

Y/N: Have a guess, the WLF of course. They are very obsessed with their weapons, so they wanted them back.

Joel: And then you took off.

Y/N: We had a short firefight, but there were too many of them and I had to leave.

Ellie: Did you get any of them?