Chapter 12

A few minutes of walking got us back to Jackson.

Y/N: What a mess.

The floor was plastered with corpses and blood.

The walkers got many of their soldiers, I wonder if anyone is even still alive.

But it seems like the WLF also managed to kill all of the walkers.

Ellie: Hard to tell which side won.

Y/N: Well the walkers definitely didn't win, since I don't see any of them still walking around here.

We looked around the area, there are way too may bodies to count.

Y/N: You see Abby anywhere here?

Ellie: Nope.

Y/N: She must have gotten away. Wait, look there.

I pointed my finger at the gate that I blew open yesterday. There was now a truck parked in front of it.

Y/N: Someone tried to barricade this entry.

Ellie: That means someone's gotta be in there.

Y/N: Question is who.

Ellie: I guess we'll have to find out.

We went to the side where the crack was only to find out that it had boards nailed over it from the other to prevent someone entering.

Y/N: Great.

Ellie: They really don't want us to get in.

Y/N: It has to be the WLF.

Ellie: You think?

Y/N: Yeah, Joel and the others wouldn't do this.

Ellie: But how does the WLF know that there's a crack over here?

Y/N: Well, we used it yesterday instead of the gate, so they knew that we had a different way out and plus they probably searched this whole place.

Ellie: Makes sense, so what do we do now? We can't just storm in and take Jackson back by force.

Y/N: I don't think that there's anything left in Jackson to take back.

Ellie: You're probably right, but we still need to kill them. We can't let them stay plus Abby needs to die either way. We can't let her escape.

Y/N: And we won't. We just have to take our time. We can't allow ourselves further mistakes.

Ellie: What's your plan? Scout this area with your sniper rifle that's still back at your supply stash?

Y/N: Yes.

Ellie: That can work I guess, but we can't take too much time. We have to hurry.

Y/N: We won't need much time. We just have to find out how many of them are still alive and in there. Come on.

We went back to my stash. I took my sniper and gave Ellie the binoculars to look what's going on down there.

Ellie: You see anything?

Y/N: Two guys.

Ellie: Where?

Y/N: On your left.

Ellie: Gotcha, I see them.

Let's keep looking.

Ellie: I got Abby.

Y/N: Mhm, I see her too.

Ellie: Fuck, she has Dina and Jesse.

Y/N: Yeah, I see them. Do you see Joel anywhere?

Ellie: No.