Chapter 10

Over a month later:

We were woken up by the chirping of the birds flying above us. I slept well with Ellie in my arms. It was a great feeling to have her by my side. We spent over a month up here, nobody disturbed us, we were all by ourselves, getting closer to each other day by day. I got messaged by Tommy through my walkie, we should come down immediately and bring our guns.

We shared a good morning kiss and chatted a little. Before finally going back to Jackson.

Guard 1: Where the hell have you two been?

Ellie: None of your business, now let us through.

He did as he was told.

Joel: Hey! Where were you two? You were away for more than a month!

Y/N: Hi, we uh-

Ellie ignored him and just passed by, pulling me behind her.

We went to Tommy's place and discussed our plan further. He said his scouts have told him the WLF is nearby, they'll be here very soon. We all agreed that we should lure the walkers in as soon as possible, we don't have more time to waste.

Tommy gathered everyone and told them the plan. There was a lot of whining and complaining, but we saw that coming. We made everyone leave except a couple that did not want to leave.

It was an elderly couple, I tried to talk some sense into them but to no avail.

Ellie: So how did it go?

Y/N: It's like talking to a wall. They want to stay.

Ellie: Then we'll let them stay, not our problem.

Y/N: Damn, you're cold as ice, Ellie.

I said jokingly.

Ellie: Why don't you warm me up then?

She asked with a smirk.

Y/N: Oh trust me, once we're done here, I will.

Ellie: I count on it.

Tommy: Alright, the others left. Ellie, time to say goodbye to your boyfriend for now, we're leaving.

Ellie: No.

Tommy: Huh?

Ellie: I'll stay here with him.

Tommy: I don't think Joel will like that idea.

Ellie: I don't care, I'll stay here with Y/N.

Tommy: Well, okay. That's your decision. Y/N, you still know what button to push right?

Y/N: We got it, don't worry.

Tommy: Alright, see you guys when this is over.

We nodded.

He left and we closed the gate behind him.

Y/N: Alright, I'll open the other gate in the back, you can go into the tower and already start the siren.

Ellie: You will let them in and close the gate behind them and then enter through the crack in the wall, right?

Y/N: Yup.

Ellie: I'm coming with you.

Y/N: You sure?

Ellie: Yes, let's go.

We started the siren, opened the gate and sat down on a tree stump outside of the village near the gate.

The walkers were now heading towards Jackson. An hour later they were all in so we closed the gate from the outside and parked a truck in front of it so it couldn't be opened from the inside.