Prologue

"I have one I think you'd like" Claude pulled Leigh-Anne through the hall. He held up his ID and a man moved from in front of the door. Claude pushed the door open and they were met with an empty room.

"There is nothing in here." Leigh-Anne said after looking around.

"Jade, come girl" Claude whistled, calling for the lioness. Leigh-Anne gasped when a head popped out from under a bunch of junk.

"Come, I have someone I want you to meet." Hearing that, the lioness went back into her shelter.

" Jade, she's nice. I promise. She's my best friend." When that didn't work he went straight to plan C.

"Look what I got" He pulled a medium rare steak out of his bag. The lioness ran over trying to snatch the meat.

"Not so fast. Introduce yourself nicely and I'll give you the steak. Go on"

The lioness shifted into her hybrid form and Leigh-Anne cooed quietly. She was an adorable little mess.

"Hi"

"Hello, it's nice to meet you, I'm Leigh-Anne"

"Jade" the younger woman pointed at herself looking at Claude, she wanted her steak.

She snatched the steak and ran back to her pile of junk.

"I want to take you home Jade." Leigh-Anne said softly. She knew that she was the one. Jade was the only hybrid she saw but she knew.

"Home?" She poked her head out.

"Yes,Do you want to come home with me?"

"Yes?" the naked woman emerged from the corner of the room and handed Claude the half eaten steak.

"Are you hungry? I'll take you out to eat. Come" Jade dropped to her knees and began to crawl after Leigh-Anne.

"No, no. Stand up, you don't have to crawl, you can walk."

"Jade baby"

"You're a baby?"

"No, Jade baby" Leigh-Anne turned to look at Claude confused by Jade's words.

"She's saying she has to crawl like a baby"

"Oh, why?"

"Basic hybrid training I guess."

"No, you're going to hurt your knees."

"Do you want her?" Claude asked scrolling through his tablet looking for Jades number.

"Yes, I'll take her"

"She's all yours. She is to be leashed outside and she will not be serviced at any non hybrid facility. She's not even allowed in some. No playgrounds for her while in her headspace until she's been around humans for at least 5 months. That's about it. There is a hybrid department store that sells everything. Oh! You need this powdered mix for when she's small. Its very important. Jade" he showed Leigh-Anne what it looked like before calling Jade.

She looked up at Claude.

"Mistress" he pointed to Leigh-Anne

"Woah. No, no. I'm your friend."

"It's a keyword. Most of them have really small vocabulary so we speak with key words. Not that you're her Mistress but it's for her to know that you're her higher up. You're in charge. She can speak quite well, once she becomes more familiar with you, she will talk more. "

"Eh nah. I don't like that.Come babe"

"You have to speak to her in commands."

"Why?"