Chapter 1- Meeting Jerk Face

Katherine's POV

"Ughh! Five more minutes" I said as I reached out to turn off the annoying sound of my alarm. Monday mornings. The most dreaded day of the week. But more so because today was my first day to Preston High. Was I excited? Hell no. But I would be lying if I said that I didn't look forward to this day.

After five snoozes I woke up looking like a raccoon. I went straight to the bathroom and did my daily routine. My hair was very cooperative today so I let it fall down my back. I didn't do any makeup except for concealing my dark circles. My outfit consisted of a black pair of high waisted skinny jeans a cute crop top and a light jacket. I grabbed my favourite Vans and ran down the stairs.

As usual mom was making breakfast and dad's face was covered with the newspaper. I had a good twenty minutes to school so I wasn't bothered much. I went on my Instagram feed and started double-tapping on all the pictures. Mom placed a plate of pancakes in front of me and cleared her throat. I immediately put my phone away.

My family was very particular about family breakfast. We all had to sit together and have a 'family bonding'. If you couldn't guess, I don't have any siblings. But I do have three stepbrothers. My dad left his ex-wife and married my mom. My stepbrothers are very good to me and vice versa. I have one uncle and my grandma. My dad's parents passed away when I was seven years old. Anyway, back to the topic, we ate breakfast and made small talk.

"So what's your plan for the future?" dad asks.

Like always I avoid the topic like the plague and say, " Would you look at that! I'm going to be late for school. Bye mom! Bye dad. Love you guys!" And I ran out the door blowing them a kiss.

Actually I had enough time to sit in the car shuffle through all the radio stations and sing a One Direction song. Yeah I like One Direction, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift. Bite me.

I drove to school and with each minute the nerves were getting to me. As I reached the parking lot I found a good place and was about to park when some jerk face stole the spot. With a glance at the car I new it belonged to one of the popular kids so I drove ahead to find a better spot.

Huffing I got out the car with only three minutes to spare and ran towards the school and towards the office area. I still had to get my schedule. Damn. Luckily the lady out there said I won't be late to class as Mr.Hilton, our principal would escort me to my class.

I used to live with my Aunt Jenna when I parents moved to California. But this year my parents insisted on having me here. Also due to my exceedingly good grades I got a scholarship for this school. Oh I forgot to mention, Aunt Jenna isn't my really aunt, she and mom used to best buddies ever since high school.

I greeted Mr.Hilton and exchanged a few pleasant and grateful words. My first class was Math. Believe it or not I actually love Math so I was kinda excited. We walked down the now empty hallway and he showed me my locker and he lead me to my class. I'm pretty sure I missed more than half the class but Mr.Hilton walked in and introduced me to Mrs.William.

"Attention class! This is Ms.Barron and she is a new student. Make her feel comfortable and Mr.Black please do not flirt with her." The whole class started laughing and some guy, presumably 'Mr.Black' was smirking at me. I knew I was blushing. I went down to take an empty seat when yet again a boy came running into the class and claimed the seat. It all happened within the blink of an eye. And guess who is this seat stealer? None other than Mr.Parking-Lot-Place-Thief. He saw me a smirk took over his face. Annoyed I walked to the back of the class and sat on a desk that looked like it would break any minute now.

Glaring at the boy I sat down. He looked back winked at me and turned his attention back to the class. I had only one thought.

What a Jerk.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hey guys! So I hope you like the book so far. I'm new to writing so if you have any suggestions, please do comment.

Rate
Comment
Follow

Xoxo
Maks