Chapter 5: This is what you call fun?

Katherine's POV:

"You look breathtaking. Tonight's going to be fun."

His voice sent shivers down my spine. I stood still and slowly turned around but I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked around and searched through all the sweaty bodies but no luck. I turned back around and made my way to the kitchen. If I didn't get out of there sooner I would have felt claustrophobic.

The girls were getting something to drink and I asked them for some non-alcoholic drink and they looked at me as if I grew a second head. "What?" I asked them. They all shared a glance and finally Jess spoke up, "Honey this is a high school party if you want a non-alcoholic drink you'll only get water." I felt kinda flustered and nodded my head in understanding. Anne broke the silence "Well let's go dance!" She pulled me by my hand and Jess laughed at her expression. We went to the makeshift dance floor and started grooving to the music. They played all kind of songs- EDM's, pop music, metal and well anything you could think of.

Luckily no guys did anything inappropriate to us. Phew. Just then I felt an arm snake around my waist. Guess I said that too soon. I turned around and found no other than Jason Miller standing with his arms around me. Is it just me or did it get too hot? We were standing too close for my liking and well if he bent down slightly our breaths would be mixing. He was swaying me and kept a constant eye contact. Wow this is too intense. I looked away and asked him, "W-Why are you dancing with me?" Damn why did I have to stutter. I looked up and saw him smirking at me. "I told you tonight's going to be fun." And with that he abruptly left me standing there. Suddenly I felt cold without him next to me. I turned around and saw the girls gaping at me.

"What the hell was that? Was THE bad boy dancing with you?" Camilla broke the silence. I felt the heat creep up to my cheeks and just mumbled something incoherent and went to the kitchen. I saw Chris standing there with a few guys from school. He saw me and walked up to me with arms spread. He hugged me and said, "You made it! I thought you'll ditch my offer." I simply laughed and said," It's a great party Chris I'm glad I came." "Enjoy and don't get into trouble. I'll see you at school" I gave him a smile and went to the sink to drink some water. All that dancing really got to me. I was weary about going back so I stepped out through the back door. The night was slightly chill so I wrapped my arms around myself. The stars were out and it was beautiful. While living with Aunt Jenna in NYC I could never really see the stars due to the heavy city life and pollution.

The music was a lot less here and I felt relaxed. This was my first party. Ever. I still don't know if I like them though. I did enjoy dancing with the girls. But then jerk face had come in the way. Wait what did he mean by 'tonight's going to be fun'? Wait he is the badboy. His fun might be something dangerous. Maybe he is going to kill someone and then frame me for their death. Oh then I'll have to convince the police that it wasn't me, but they obviously won't believe me. Then I'll have to go to jail and spend the rest of my life there and I'll die like alone like the old cat lady except I won't have cats because I don't think you can take pets with you to the prison. Wait can you? I guess I'll have to research about that. If we're allowed to take pets I might take a puppy, I like them more than cats. They're just so cute. Wait I'm digressing. Yeah I'll die in the prison and then on my grave it'll be written "Died alone in prison for a crime she didn't commit"

Okay maybe I'm thinking a bit too far. I mean they will find his fingerprints right?

Ugh. You're thinking too far Kath. Get a hold of yourself! He is a high school boy and he won't do anything of that sort.

Well he is a badboy right? Wait I think I'm going cra-

"Shouldn't you be inside?" I jumped in shock and put a hand over my heart. "Are you crazy you freaking psychopath? I could have got a heart attack and died!"