Chapter 14: Anything but fun

Not edited
-----------------

Katherine's POV:

"Blue or pink?"

"Definitely blue!"

"But at least try on the pink one"

"No way. I refuse to look like a walking barbie doll."

Let me give you a preview of what's going on here. A few hours ago, I was in my room cuddled up watching Frozen when my mom and Jess came up to my room with an evil glint in their eyes. The charity event was day after tomorrow and I needed to get a dress apparently. After a lot of persuading and a treat from Burger King, I finally gave in. Now here I am in front of the dressing room holding a bright pink dress in one hand and a navy blue dress in the other. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which dress I want to wear.

"No mom, I agreed to buy a dress but this is downright ridiculous. Who even wears such clothes?"

"Well it may be a shock to you, but people actually like looking like a pretty barbie."

"Yeah, only on Halloween though."

My mom simply rolled her eyes and told me to try on the blue dress. Yeah you it read right, my mom rolled her eyes at me. Tsk tsk what a generation.

I put on the dress and instantly fell in love with it. It fit me perfectly. It was elegant, chic and classic. Just my style. I walked out of the dressing room and heard the over dramatic gasps from my best friend and mother.

"This is it. This is the one!" Jess exclaimed as if I found my soul mate.

"Oh honey, you look gorgeous in this!" My mom said with adoration laced in her voice.

I simply smiled and didn't hold their gaze. I never took compliments well. I always found them to be very superficial. With a final approval I changed back into my comfy jeans and sweatshirt. After mom payed for the dress we walked out of the shop and I started heading to the parking lot while occasionally sipping my vanilla latte. It wasn't until I reached the doors that I realised that mom and Jess weren't with me.

Ughh where are they? I fished out my phone from my pocket and called Jess knowing very well that my mom won't answer her phone. After three rings Jess answers.

"Where on earth are you?"

"I'm at the parking lot, where are you'll?"

"Parking lot. Great." I could practically see her rolling her eyes. Then in a overly sweet and fake voice she added,"Kath, dear, I know you want to get home and watch Netflix. But when we asked you to come and buy a dress it included buying some shoes!"

Of course, I was beyond shocked. I'm quite certain I resembled a gaping fish. And before I could even reply Jess's voice rang through the speakers,"Meet us in front of H&M." And the line went dead.

With the worst mood known to mankind I went all the way back up to the required shop. I entered and saw my folks standing amongst the mini versions of the Eiffel Tower, a.k.a. high heels.

I walked up to them and said,"Woah woah ladies, you do realise I need to dance right. These shoes are ridiculous. Can we please look at something more realistic?"

They thought about it and finally agreed to let me wear smaller heels.

After two agonising hours and 245 trials, we finally found something suitable. Okay okay, I might be exaggerating a little bit. Or maybe a lot. But you get my point right?