Chapter 10: Self-Conscious?

Not edited
-------------

Katherine' POV:

I haven't seen Jason for about four days, and I hate to admit it but I may be worried. No I do not like him, I am just worried about him like a friend. I haven't heard from him and now I am getting nervous. Today was health class and we had to give back our child. I mean egg. Which currently didn't exist, since a certain someone was hungry.

"Calm down Kath, he'll be here any minute now." Jessica was leaning against my locker looking completely amused at my situation. Suddenly the doors open and the one and only Jason Miller walks in looking like he owns the whole world. He seemed to have no care in this world. With a scowl I walked towards him. As soon as he saw the look on my face, his mesmerising smile disappeared and a worried look clouded his face.

With a sickly sweet voice I asked him, "Jason where is our child?"

He gulped audibly and said, "Um I'm yet to buy it. I didn't know which brand of eggs you liked."

I threw my hands up in frustration and was about to beat the living daylights out of him when a loud laugh stopped me. Chris and Jess were laughing their arses off.

Ignoring them I turned to Jason and practically screamed at his face, "Jason Miller I do not care what 'type' of egg you buy but by health class you better have an egg which looks at least remotely similar to the one you ate." With that I stormed off to my first class.

Health class rolled by sooner than expected. Jason still wasn't in class and I was beyond mad. That boy affects me even when he isn't in the same room.

"Okay class today I'll be collecting your eggs back. The eggs should be in proper condition. Every single one of you can get an 'A' if the child is healthy and a short essay about your parenting experience is written."

I'm glad I had written the essay before hand. I knew I couldn't trust Jason with such stuff. Speaking of the devil, the class door opens to reveal a grinning Jason.

"Mr.Miller can we know why you are late to class?"

"I'm sorry sir, few important people were calling me."

"Important people?"

"Yeah, Nature was calling for me."

The whole class erupted into laughter while he came and sat down beside me.

"So do you have it?"

"Relax. Here I got a whole carton of eggs."

"Jason I was the mother of one child not a dozen."

~*~

I was exhausted. School was definitely taking a toll on me. And me being the nerd I am, was too engrossed in studies. I haven't even been to Netflix for three days. That's a huge deal to me. I officially needed a break. I closed my Physics book and decided to get some snacks and watch some cheesy chick flick.

I entered my room and lay all the stuff on my bed. Laptop? Check. Chocolate mint ice cream? Check. Fluffy pillows? Check. Popcorn?Check. I am all ready for tonight.

Just as I was about to play the movie my phone started ringing. Who could be calling me in this hour? Jess was busy studying for her Biology test for Monday, Anne and Camilla were out shopping, and trust me they won't call me for fashion advice, Nate was visiting his aunt and Evan was sick.

I walked up to my phone and realised Jason was calling me. Wait why would Jason call me?

"Hello?"

"Cupcakeee" Jason slurred. It's just nine and he already managed to get drunk?

"Jason why are you calling me when your drunk?"

He laughed and replied, "I am not drunk. Just a wee bit tipsy." I heard some noise from the other end. "Okay okay I might be a little drunk. Can you please pick me up? You know I can't drive now. I might get into an accident and die and then the guilt will eat you up." Damn this guy was good at guilt trapping me.

I let out a sigh, "Why can't Chris or Nicole or well any of your friends drop you home?"

"Ouch cupcake I'm hurt. You do know I consider you to be my friend right?"

Great now the bad boy considers me to be his friend. Could my life get any more complicated?

~*~

Actually it just did. Here I am standing in front of a place which looks like it's ready to fall with half clothed girls walking around with men, who look like drug dealers. Never in my sixteen years of life did I expect myself to be doing this. Very cautiously I walk towards the door when luckily Jason steps out. Never have I been so happy to see him. Well the happiness was short lived of course.

He was drunk beyond limits and was stumbling all around. He saw me and a huge grin was plastered on his face. He walked towards me, no stumbled towards me and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Cupcake you came!" His voice was muffled due to my hair.

"Well you didn't exactly leave me a choice."

He let go of me and just stared at my face. This is when all my self consciousness kicked in. Don't get me wrong, I do care about my appearance but I won't cry if someone finds me ugly. Right now when Jason was staring at me with those ocean blue eyes, I felt not good enough. I looked down to see what I was wearing. A pair of sweats and tank top and a denim jacket due to the chilly weather. My hair was left open and probably would be looking like a birds nest. My face had no makeup and I'm pretty sure I looked like a homeless person.

Jason put two fingers under my chin and forced my eyes to meet his, "Katherine you look so beautiful, even without the tons of makeup other girls use. Never forget that." I simply nodded. He very rarely used my full name and the sincerity in his eyes gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. I definitely must be hungry, there can be no other reason I'm feeling like this.

After getting into the car I drove off to his house. After closing the engine I looked to my right to see Jason peacefully asleep. I tried waking him up, but gosh he was a heavy sleeper. I thought a lot after finally playing Justin Bieber songs on full volume. That seemed to do the trick.

"Shut it off. Please. My head hurts." I simply laughed at his pained expression and turned down the volume.

"Jason we've reached your house."

Suddenly his eyes shot open, "My house? Why are we at my house? Our parents are supposed to be having dinner at my place today? I cannot walk in half drunk."

"Well so where do you want me to take you?"

"Let's go to your place, I'll crash there for the night. I'll leave before your parents wake up in the morning. Please." He pouted like a five year old. Is it even possible to look cute and sexy at the same time?

"And what will you tell your parents?" I asked in a not convinced tone.

"I'll tell them I'm staying over at a friends place. Pretty please?"

I sighed and said, "Fine. But no one hears a word about this and you're sleeping on the floor."

He smiled happily before falling asleep again.

_______________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Hope you're liking the book so far. Also sorry for the late update, school's been hectic.

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

Xoxo
Maks 😘