4.

| Chapter Four |

Driving through the island early the next morning, I had decided I'd explore and go around to the places that used to be my favorite.

I ended up getting a small breakfast before going to the beach just to sit in the sun. After a while of just sitting there, I planned to go and finally surprise Kie.

It was like the directions were drilled into my brain as I parked on the side of the road, opening the white gate, and jogging up the stairs before I knocked on the door.

A few seconds later, Mr. Carrera stared down at me as he tried to figure out who I was. "Lane?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted.

I smiled and nodded, "Hi, Mr. Carrera!"

He engulfed me in a hug and let out a breath, "How've you been? It's been so long!" He chuckled, backing away and motioning for me to enter the house, where Mrs. Carrera stood in confusion.

I waved at her as I answered him, "I've been good. I just moved back here and was planning to surprise Kie." I informed him as the two stared at me.

"Oh, well, she's with her friends right now. Probably trespassing on private property or going along with those dirty pouges." He mumbled the last part and I refrained from asking about it.

"I can give you the address or you could come back later?" He offered, grabbing a pen and paper as he waited for my answer.

"You wouldn't think that that would be a problem?" I asked uncertainly.

"No, not at all. She mentions you from time to time, and it's safe to say that she'll be surprised when you show up." Mrs. Carrera smiled, wrapping her arms around me in the process.

"You've grown so beautifully." She complimented me before sitting down on her couch.

"Thank you." I smiled genuinely before he gave me the piece of paper that had an address written on it.

"Good luck, I hope to see you soon." He winked at me as I began walking out of the door.

I hurriedly got back into my Jeep and began driving towards the address, which took me to the other part of the island where the run-down houses and junkyards were.

I wondered why Kiara of all people would be on this part of the island, but I decided not to judge as I pulled into a driveway with trees covering the way.

I squinted my eyes at the house as I wondered if I was at the right place. A blonde boy who seemed to be around sixteen or seventeen came jogging out of the house, a look of uncertainty across his face as I stepped out of my Jeep.

His expression changed as he smirked when he saw me, but I ignored it and slowly walked up toward him.

"I don't remember seeing a chick like you at the kegger last night unless I was too drunk or high to comprehend." He breathed out as he looked me up and down.

I scrunched my face up in disgust as I placed my hands on my hips. "Is Kiara Carrera here?" I asked, deciding to ignore his comment.

His face lit up at the name and he pursed his lips, holding a finger out to me as he dragged himself back into the house.

He ended up tripping on what I assumed to be an empty beer can as he yelled out, "Kie, there's a blonde chick asking for you outside. She's hot, why haven't you introduced her to me yet?"