30.

•Chapter Thirty•

•Lane•

"You are now free to go, don't expect to not feel any pain here and there from your ribs because they're still slightly bruised. If you have any trouble just come back and I'll take a look" The doctor smiled while writing on his clipboard.

Two more weeks had passed and the doctor said I was going to have an earlier date to be released since my injuries healed quicker than they originally thought.

Tomorrow was Rafe's birthday, I couldn't wait to surprise him with all of his gifts, especially the concert. Sarah and Topper were going to help me set everything up when I tell him, I wasn't sure how I was but I needed to think quickly.

I smiled at the doctor and stood up from the bed, "Thank you so much for everything, if I need anything then I'll definitely come back" I said and he smiled.

"Don't get hurt again" He chuckled. "Have a great day" He said before walking out.

I turned to Rafe and jumped into his arms, "This is so exciting" I squealed and heard him laugh. "Let's get going, our family is having dinner since you're getting released" He said as he backed away from my hug.

I smiled and looked up at him, staring at his handsome face that I've seen everyday for a couple weeks now.

I could never get tired of it, though.

"Thank you so much for everything, it means so much that you stuck by my side through everything" I said.

"I'd do it a million times again if it meant I can be with you" He winked. "I'm pretty sure you'd do the same, though" He said and I nodded.

"Of course I would" I smiled and leaned up, connecting our lips. I felt him relax in the kiss and pull me closer to him, something we did to show that we valued and loved each others kisses.

Once we backed away, we collected our stuff and checked out at the front desk and headed to his truck. My arm was officially healed and I didn't have a cast on it anymore, I could move it around freely without it hurting like it did a few weeks ago. My ribs were still slightly bruised but it was something I could handle without wincing when I turned a certain way.

We put our bags in the backseat and he helped me into his truck like he usually does and then he got in and drove away.

——

"LANEY" Sarah's voice yelled once me and Rafe got out of his truck. I hadn't seen her in a few days as she's been stuck helping Rose do something with one of the rooms in the Cameron's house.

I looked behind the passenger door where I was standing and saw her running out. She threw her arms around me and let out a breathily sigh, "I've missed you so much, I'm so happy you're all better now" She smiled.

"I've missed you too, I can't believe I got out so soon" I whispered as I rocked her back and forth.

"Move" I heard a voice and then Sarah got pushed away from me. I smiled once their arms were around my waist and their familiar scent filled my nose.

"Topper, sometimes I hate you" Sarah groaned as she watched the both if us with crossed arms.

"Don't give a shit" He replied back to her and I giggled. "I'm so glad you're out of there now, we can finally go back to normal" He sighed into my neck.