33.

•Chapter Thirty-Three•

•Lane•

"Rafe, baby, wake up" I mumbled as I lightly nudged his side. He was still laying on top of me, his hands were recently holding mine but I moved them out so I could rub my eyes once my alarm went off.

He huffed and shuffled around, eventually snuggling up to my side. "We gotta go if you want to meet my family" I said as I looked down at him, massaging my hand through his hair.

"Five more minutes" He whispered and I smiled. "I'll leave you and I can come back to pick you up, if you want?" I suggested.

"No" He replied as he slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes and looking over at me through peeking eyes as the sun was starting to shine in through his window.

"Let me just go down and get some water and then I'll be back up to get ready before we head to yours, okay?" He asked and I simply nodded before sitting up against his headboard.

•Topper•

As Sarah and I were laying in the movie room, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs so we both turned to see a shirtless Rafe who was rubbing his eyes.

He gave us a nod of acknowledgment and walked to the other end of the room. I glanced at him for a moment and did a double take as I saw the red scratch marks all across his back.

Sarah whipped her head to me and we both widened our eyes. "You don't think..." She trailed off and I smirked.

"Oh, they definitely did, I'll be making sure to get the juicy details from Lane, too" I said and she giggled.

Rafe came back in and scrunched his eyebrows together as he looked at us, "What?" He asked and me and Sarah both continued to laugh.

"Nothing" I lied. He looked curious for a moment before he continued on his way to the stairs.

"That's crazy" Sarah said from beside me. "Right" I agreed and we both smiled as we sat in silence for a moment, our imaginations going wild.

•Lane•

Rafe came back up a few minutes later and by now I was fully awake, ready to leave and get ready at my house.

"What should I wear?" He asked as he took a drink out of his water bottle.

"I don't know" I shrugged. He huffed and walked into his closet, shuffling around for a few minutes until he came back out with a pair of light blue jeans and a basic white collared shirt paired with his straight white Nike's.

I sent him a thumbs up and a smile before he started changing, no point in going anywhere else to do so as we both saw every part of one another yesterday.

"Should I slick back my hair?" He asked as he finished getting dressed. "You know I don't like it slicked back" I tilted my head to the side and he grinned.

He put his chain and rings on before going into his bathroom to brush his teeth and fix his hair so it draped over his forehead.

"Ready?" He asked once he came out. I was still sitting on his bed and nodded at him, carefully getting up and slipping on my jeans that I wore yesterday when I came over.