25.

•Chapter Twenty-Five•

•Rafe•

"Are you excited to see her?" Wheezie asked as we were all sat on the jet. We were finally going home, just 5 more hours until I get to see her beautiful face again.

I hummed in response, I didn't want to tell my little sister everything I was feeling.

"You're going to do it, right?" Sarah asked as she took a sip of her water. "Yeah, when I get back, I'm gonna ask her tonight" I smiled to myself and she smirked.

"Y'all are gonna be so cute together" She giggled and I rolled my eyes. "Keep me distracted from the time" I told both of them.

•Topper•

I was at the Cameron's house, sitting in silence as I stared straight ahead. My signature expression across my face as I waited for their arrival.

I was traumatized and depressed.

I hadn't smiled in two weeks, I barely ate, I barely even talked.

I was not ready to go over this again with the people who are the most closest to her.

I was sitting in the movie room, my hands on either side of me as I counted the seconds It took to blink. The image of her body still haunted my mind every time I closed my eyes, like I said, it was forever implanted into me now.

Blink... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 and so on.

I stared into nothing, replaying the events that happened. The sounds of sirens and screams filled my mind, the blue and red blinding me.

I sat like that for 2 hours, 1 more hour to go until they arrived and I would have to tell them what happened. Rafe's ring in my hand, I needed to give it back to him. My phone was on silent, a bunch of messages and notifications were on my Lock Screen from over two weeks but I never bothered to check them.

I knew Rafe or Sarah would end up texting since they were on the ship from the mainland. I felt the vibration on my phone that was sitting on my lap and I was right, they both texted me.

Sarah❤️

I'm so excited to see you,
I hope you didn't miss me too much.
We're about an hour away, see you soon❤️

Rafe

Yo, we're almost home.
Are you with Lane?
I texted her and she hasn't answered.

She's in a coma, I thought to myself. I would never say that over text, I just didn't bother replying as they would be here soon anyway.

I was in my own mind, thoughts running through my head and images still shuffling like they were a power-point. I stared out into nothingness, not even realizing that a car pulled up and the door opened to their house.

I didn't react when I felt the warm feeling of Sarah's arms wrap around me, I just simply looked straight ahead.

"Topper, oh my gosh, I missed you so much" She snuggled her head in my chest and smiled. "Topper? You okay?" She asked as a concerned look made it's way across her face.