37

•Chapter Thirty-Seven•

•Lane•

My birthday trip had flown by, leaving the two of us to stay for one more night before leaving tomorrow.

We had star gazed, went swimming, talked with the most amazing people in town, went fruit picking and today was my last surprise.

Rafe had given me small gifts throughout the six days we had spent here and what I was most confused about was the single white tulips he constantly gave me. I never questioned it though, because it was my favorite flower.

"Good morning" The light voice from behind me whispered, making me shiver at the coolness of his breath against my neck.

"Good morning" I whispered back, turning my head to meet his lips. "You smell good" He mumbled against my lips and I chuckled.

"Why thank you" I smiled and pecked his cheek before turning over and laying my head back down on the pillow.

Soon enough, the feeling of his arms wrapping around my waist made another shiver erupt from my body. I placed my hands on top of his and rubbed my thumb back and forth against his fingers.

"We're going somewhere special today" He said, bringing his head towards my exposed shoulder to place delicate kisses on.

I hummed in content, feeling warm in the moment. I didn't feel like leaving, because this place was just so comforting.

"Let's go eat" He mumbled before slowly getting up. I huffed and did the same, feeling lightheaded for the third time this trip.

I inched my way off the bed and stepped towards the bathroom, only to rush my footsteps to get to the toilet again.

As I vomited what was in my stomach, I felt hands wrap in my hair, pulling it back so it didn't get in the way. If I wasn't throwing my lungs up, I would've smiled at the gesture, seeing as he's done this four times this trip.

After I was finished, I laid my head back against the shower door and sighed. "I think we should go to the doctor when we get back, I'm worried about you" Rafe informed me as he knelt down in front of me and massaged my hand with his fingers.

"No, I'm seriously fine, I think it's just because I haven't eaten anything yet" I shrugged it off and he rolled his eyes.

"You've said that every time you've thrown up, I'm just scarred something's wrong, love" He frowned.

"I promise you, I'm fine" I smiled reassuringly at him and began to stand up. I rinsed my mouth out before dragging him downstairs to eat something.

——

"So, where are we going? I need to know what to dress in" I asked, feeling his arms make their way around my stomach from behind. He placed his chin on my shoulder and lightly swayed the two of us.

"I can't tell you, but I have this for you" He said, pulling out another single white tulip. I leaned my head back against his shoulder and sighed, "How many of these do you have?" I laughed.

"Don't worry about it" He laughed along with me and looked through my clothes. "Oh, I've been saving this one" He stated, pulling out a two piece that Sarah had given me on my birthday.