First Impressions

Just before their vision went black, the kid thought they heard the man say something.

"Tell them that Roy sent you."

'Them?'
______________

The child regained consciousness slowly, sitting up from the floor. Quickly glancing around at their surroundings, they realize they're in a room. Three beds lined one of the walls, each neatly made with a different color palette and design.

The child barely had any more time to look at the room before muffled voices could be heard, and they were getting closer. They froze in place on the floor in the middle of the room. The door opened, and someone walked in. The child took a moment to get adjusted to the hall light so they could see this new person better, and began to realize that there was not just one person, but three people. It was just that the one who walked in first was a lot taller than the other two.

The tallest one of the group looked at the child sitting in the middle of the room.

"Who are you? How did you get here?"

"I- I'm sorry," the child spoke carefully and quietly. "I don't know how I got here. One second a weird man was talking to me and then the next, everything went black."

The kid watched as the two taller people seemed to be a bit worried at the mention of the stranger, as if they knew who the kid was talking about. Meanwhile, the smallest of the three seemed to want to get to know the kid on the floor.

"Hi! I'm Doi!"

His hand was quickly thrust into the kid's view, who flinched at the sudden movement, but shook it anyway.

"I'm Y/N!"

Then the light was turned on, making everyone wince. One of the three, a man with green hair, had turned on the light. Speaking of which, now that the light was on, Y/N could take in their surroundings better.

Doi wore a yellow sweater with a pair of neat denim overalls over it. His hair was blue, and had a ruffled look, with the hair on the sides of his head shorter than the hair on the top.

Next in order of height was the man with the green, slightly messy hair. He wore a dark green turtleneck sweater with a brown jacket. He also wore what Y/N assumed to be jeans, but they looked too comfy to be made of denim.

The green guy was talking quietly to the tallest of the group. This guy had red hair that sat in front of his face, with some of it being pulled away slightly to show one of his eyes and part of his mouth. His hair was long, reaching a bit past his shoulders, and it curled ever so slightly at the ends. He had a red hoodie on with black pants.

Y/N now noticed that Doi had joined the two in their quiet discussion, so they chose to just stay sitting, playing with their fingers as they sat silently on the floor.

The man in red then crouched in front of Y/N, grabbing their attention due to the movement.

"Hey, quick question, who was this stranger, if you don't mind? Did he give you a name?"

"Um, yeah. He said to tell whoever was here that Roy sent me, whoever that is."

The man's lips formed a straight line as he looked over his shoulder to the other adult in the room, then back to Y/N.

"Okay, uh, where was he? What did he talk to you about?"

Y/N was confused about all these questions, but decided to keep answering anyway. They felt a strange feeling here; one that they definitely didn't feel in the orphanage. It was nice; like this place, and it's occupants, were trustworthy.