Loud, Loud, Loud

After all was said and done, after they'd all finished eating, Y/N smiled to themselves. That was nice, they thought. They could get used to this.

Maybe this is the family they've been waiting for all along.
______________

WARNING: Descriptions of a panic attack
______________

"Listen, Colin, it's only right if I teach them about time first!"

"Oh really? In what reality is time more interesting than computers?"

"This one! Better get used to it, box boy!"

It's been a few days since they showed up here, and Y/N was getting used to the layout of the house. Paige had stopped by, and they had fun, but that was yesterday, and now Y/N didn't know what to do. They wandered around, hoping to find something interesting, when they stumbled upon an argument, seemingly about them.

"LISTEN HERE, DIAL UP. I will be teaching this kid today! You can wait! You always do!"

"Come on, these insults are childish! Grow up, Tony!"

"As if you could come up with anything better!"

Y/N watched from around the doorway as the argument got worse and worse. It reminded them of people and places they'd rather never see again. The two began to yell at each other, growing louder and louder. Too loud. Too, too loud!

Y/N wanted to leave, but no matter how hard they tried, it was as if their feet were cemented to the ground. Tears began to well up in their eyes as their grip on the doorway tightened. They needed to get away. Could they go now? Maybe the bedroom was safe? They need to feel safe. Safe. Now. Now. Now! Go now!

Once they finally could get their legs to work with their mind again, a voice called to them.

"HEY! YOU!"

"Tony! Shut up, you're scaring them!"

"You shut up!"

They began to argue again, even louder than before, hurting the poor child's ears. Y/N took the opportunity to get away, scrambling uneasily up the stairs and into the bedroom.

Their breathing was shallow and fast, and their hands shook despite every attempt to steady them. Their legs felt like jelly; wobbly and unstable. They leaned against one of the walls, their legs buckling underneath them, and they slid down, hitting the floor. Tears clung to their eyelashes, making it hard for them to see in front of them. They frantically wiped at their puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks, but it was no use.

Small whimpers came out of their mouth, so small and insignificant that they could barely be heard. They clutched at their clothes, their hair, anything to help distract them. They felt so alone. Their chest felt compressed, as though they could barely breathe, and they couldn't see due to a constant stream of tears.

A blur of red suddenly appeared in front of the child. It was Harry. They knew it was him. They could barely make out what he was saying, but it had to be important, right?

"Can you hear me?" Harry asked.

Y/N nodded slightly, still attempting to control their breathing.

"Good, okay. Just focus on my voice alright?"

Y/N nodded again, gripping at their sleeves.

Harry barely knew what to do, but he assumed he knew enough. He's had a few panic attacks before, so he should know from experience, right? He hoped he knew enough. He decided to go for method one; the one with the senses.