BONUS CHAPTER: Harry in the Bathroom

This is a bonus chapter for you all since I decided to not make a sequel. It is the only surviving chapter of the sequel when it was a work in progress, and I feel pretty proud of it, so instead of deleting it or letting it rot, I decided to put it here so you all can enjoy, and so I don't feel like it was pointless to write in the end. Thank you to everyone who's read Family :D, and I hope you enjoy!
______________
TW: Panic attack, Minor mention of suicide (wishing), Drugs mentioned (weed/marijuana), Alcohol mentioned, Swearing
SONG: Michael in the Bathroom from the musical Be More Chill
______________

Hanging lights burned down on a group of dancing college students, with the bulbs occasionally changing colors. The air was tainted with the smell of alcohol and weed, with light undertones of sweat. It's your average Friday night college party.

A tall redhead stood awkwardly to the side with a red solo cup in hand. Clearly, he didn't want to be there, as he declined every offer made to him to dance or smoke. He shied away from people, but they kept coming closer.

The boy sat his cup down on a table after nearly having it spilt because of a group of reckless girls trying to play beer pong. He was pretty much done with it anyway, no use holding an empty cup.

The only thing on his mind now was to get away from the mob of people. Every time he stepped into a less populated area of the building, more people would gather and take up more space. It seemed that more and more people were arriving to attend the party by the minute. The whole idea made his head spin.

Why, oh, why did he come here again? Oh yeah, he remembered now. His friend had invited him to come hang out with him there. What a joke, since as soon as they got there, his friend ditched him to hang out with a couple chicks and drink.

He stood awkwardly, his hoodie made him feel uncomfortable in the hot room. None of the windows were open, meaning the large room was basically like a sauna; a smelly one at that.

His heart was beginning to beat faster, and he looked around for an escape route.

Not the front door, he thought, he'd draw more unwanted attention to himself.

He eyed a window nervously. Maybe? No, that's a bit dangerous. There was a bit of a drop, plus the fact that it would DEFINITELY draw attention to himself. If he were to try that, none of his peers would be able to resist the temptation of recording a poor fool trying to climb out of a window. His face would be plastered across the school media. He could imagine a headline now; 'Harry Redmond: Escape Artist Wannabe' Yeah, no thank you.

His heart raced, and he clutched the hem of his hoodie. His eyes darted around until he saw it.

The bathroom.

Without another thought, he quickly shoved past drunken partiers and zooted people, his gaze dead-set on his destination.

Shutting the door quickly behind him, he slid down the door until he hit the tiled floor with a soft thud. He was alone in the room, thankfully. He wouldn't have liked to explain himself in that moment.

I am hanging in the bathroom at the biggest party of the fall.

Harry's heart had begun to settle, but his thoughts quickly changed their tune, becoming a bit more cynical.

I could stay right here or disappear and nobody'd even notice at all.

The redhead sighed, pushing himself up to a standing position. All those other people cared about was getting high or wasted to no end. They wouldn't give a single shit if one guy left, right?

I'm a creeper in a bathroom 'cause my buddy kinda left me alone.

He thought back to his friend. He remembered what he'd said before he was dragged off.