FINAL A/N

This is going to be the last author's note/chapter/page for this story, so I don't keep bombarding you all with stuff after the story's ended. I really wanted to share what little I had planned for the sequel before its self destruction and abandonment, just so it doesn't feel like a waste and to hopefully offer you all some form of closure with the story itself.

It was going to be called either "House" or "The House" and it was going to take place about roughly a year after the ending of Family :D, which meant that Y/N was either going to be or almost be 11 years old, and Doi was going to be 13 (almost 14).

It was going to start with a regular day in the new lives of the characters, mainly centering around Y/N, Doi, Harry and Robin of course. Something was going to happen, I never figured out what, and they were all going to end up back at The House, hence the name of the story. They find out that Roy had somehow escaped jail and fixed his supercomputer, allowing him to trap everyone once again and torture them to his heart's content. The story was going to explore Y/N's emotions throughout it all and showcase the effects of the childhood trauma coming back to haunt them, along with the new trauma that Roy had planned for them all now that he was back. Swearing was going to be a bit more frequent in the story, and it was obviously going to have warnings in the description and title for various topics. It would also provide some flashback chapters to events that took place long before the beginning of Family :D. One of these flashback chapters was to be Harry in the Bathroom.

Each chapter was going to be based off of a song, and one song took four chapters to complete its entire "arc". The book was supposed to be a fun challenge for me to write a complete story (a sequel, no less) based off of multiple completely unrelated songs. The song that was to take up 4 chapters (and the one that had close to 8,000 words total before Wattpad glitched and deleted all my progress) was based off of the song My R by Kurage-P. Other songs chosen for the story were Michael in the Bathroom (from the musical Be More Chill), Dear Theodosia (from the musical Hamilton), Two Birds (Regina Spektor), Look Who's Inside Again (Bo Burnham), among other favorites of mine.

Now, this next (quite big) part warrants a TW, since it talks about and goes into detail about the My R chapters. I remember a bit of what I'd done before the Wattpad Progress Snap of 2022, and I don't want the idea to go 100% to waste, so I'm writing the basics down here. If you dislike things regarding depression, suicide, suicidal ideation, or any of that jazz, skip forward a bit until you get to the "Warning over part" with warning emojis.

⚠⚠⚠WARNING: THE MY R CHAPTER DETAILS START HERE!⚠⚠⚠

The My R chapters were each appropriately titled, "Hey," "Don't Do" "It Please" and "My R". If you are familiar with the song, you'll know that there are four main characters; the Main Character of who the song is the perspective of, the Girl With Braided Hair, the Petite Girl Short As Can Be, and the Girl In The Yellow Cardigan. In between the Petite Girl and the Girl In The Yellow Cardigan, there are multiple unnamed people who are just referenced in the song, the lyrics being "And like that, there was someone everyday / I listened to their tale, I made them turn away" which means for an unnamed period of time between the Petite Girl and Yellow Cardigan Girl, there were multiple people the main character saw and interacted with. Those people would be past versions of Robin, Paige, Colin, Tony, and Shrignold.

Harry was going to be the one with braided hair (which was referenced in Harry in the Bathroom, so good eye/mind if you caught that :D ), Doi was going to the the petite one and Y/N was going to be both the main character and the one in the yellow cardigan. Their ages were going to be shifted a bit too, with Harry being around early college-age, Doi being about 7, and Yellow Cardigan Y/N was going to be between 7 and 8 themselves. The lyrics of the song would have edited pronouns to fit the characters. For instance, when Past Harry leaves the cliffside, it would be edited to say "The boy with braided hair then disappeared."

The chapters were to be about Y/N, who, having started showing signs of depression, began having certain thoughts that would definitely mark the book as mature; aka what the song My R is about. They would lie to Harry, Robin and Doi about taking a walk each day and go to a hillside/cliff area they'd found. The chapters would consist of "hallucinations/daydreams" of their family which were basically supposed to represent their Reasons to live and keep going.

The first day, they "meet" a younger Harry, who was having some trouble stomaching some feelings that he found he may have for a friend of his. He worries that if he confesses, he would ruin the friendship, but he also didn't want to make anything awkward between the friend and himself by avoiding the feelings forever. He never mentions who the friend is, but it's obviously implied to be Robin. Y/N gives him some advice and "Harry" leaves after thanking them. Y/N stays on the cliffside for a bit longer, wondering if they should do it or not, but ultimately decide against it and go home.

The next day, they meet a seven year old Doi, who was upset that his dad didn't love him anymore, and that he left him alone with two strangers who were apparently supposed to be looking after him. He says that everyone ignores him, everyone steals, and he doesn't fit in with anyone there. Y/N, knowing who the "strangers" were since "Doi" mentions their names, convinces the past Doi to talk to them and get to know them. The younger Doi agrees, and leaves after thanking Y/N with a hug and wave goodbye, and he hoped that the strangers liked spaghetti. After "Doi" leaves, Y/N again stays on the cliffside for a bit longer, before returning home again like the day prior.

The next few days, five days in total, were somewhat similar, with Y/N meeting past versions of Robin, Paige, Colin, Tony and Shrignold and convincing them to give life a second chance like they had with Harry and Doi. As they leave on that fifth day (technically the seventh if you count Harry and Doi's days) Y/N fails to notice the person watching them from a bush nearby.

On the eighth day, they see a past version of themselves. This encounter was meant to reveal Y/N's past (pre-Family :D) in depth. It was never explained why they were an orphan at the beginning of Family :D so this was meant to be the Traumatic Backstory Reveal(tm), as it was obviously bad enough for them to attempt to despawn themself at literally 7 or 8 years old. Y/N fails to convince their past self away from the edge of the cliff at first and breaks down. Their past self comes over to comfort them and ends up leaving, saying "I guess today is just not my day." After they calmed down a bit more and sat in the grass at the top of the cliff, they decided to go home for the day. Again, someone was watching from the bushes.

Then, the ninth day is where it all goes down. The ninth day is the last two stanzas of the song: "There's no one here today, I guess it's time / It's just me, myself and I / There's no one who can interfere / No one to get in my way here / Taking off my yellow cardigan / Watching my braids all come undone / This petite girl short as can be / Is gonna jump now and be free" and it basically goes as follows; Y/N is on the cliff, and they don't see any other daydream people, and they'd decided that it was the day to do it. They had pictures of their family in their pocket and they look at them a bit before putting them back in their pocket along with multiple folded up notes addressed to each person they knew. They take off their shoes like in the song and put them to the side. They take off a yellow sweater that Robin had made them, and fold it neatly into a pile near the shoes. They take off a beanie (Yes, Y/N was going to have a beanie because I don't normally draw bald children's heads and it's pretty awkward to do lol) and set it on top of the folded sweater. In a T-shirt and pants, they get ready to jump, and they're immediately stopped and pulled back by the real, present day Doi.

⚠⚠⚠WARNING OVER: THE MY R CHAPTER DETAILS END HERE!⚠⚠⚠

That is where the story basically self destructed, and because of that, it is also where I lost motivation for writing the sequel altogether.

Right now, I am casually working on One Day, along with another experimental fic. It's honestly a nice break from writing strictly DHMIS for the last five months.

I do not know if I am going to make another DHMIS fanfiction one day. I'm leaning towards no for the time being, but if given a good idea and inspiration, I may run with it. I'm so glad to have been able to make something that people enjoy, and I hope my future stories are able to meet or exceed those expectations!

Anyway, I hope explaining what I had planned gave at least some of you some form of closure for this story I wrote.

I hope everyone enjoyed this adventure, and I hope to see you all in another!

- nyum_underscore