Kitchen Nightmares

Little did they know, someone was listening in on their conversation, and they did not like what they heard. A smile formed on their face, and an idea in their head.
______________

Warning: Mentions of blood and death
______________

Y/N woke up with a small yawn. Rubbing their eyes, they realized that it was brighter than normal in the bedroom, with the light coming from the window. Glancing at a clock on the wall, they realize it's late morning now; almost noon.

They stand up, stretch, and make their bed. Robin had gotten them into the habit of doing so. Harry had commented that Robin was training Y/N to become a mini neat-freak, and Robin had thrown a pillow at him in retaliation. That was a fun day, they remembered, and the memory made them laugh.

Once they were satisfied with the look of the bed, they grab some clothes from the small basket that the adults had gotten for them and go to change out of their pajamas in the bathroom. After that, they run back into the bedroom and put their pajamas away, before grabbing their bear and leaving the bedroom once more, heading downstairs.

They walk quietly to the kitchen, wondering where the others were. Usually they'd be awake by now, but they weren't even in the bedroom. The house is very quiet. A bit too quiet. Maybe they went to the store and didn't want to wake them up? Y/N didn't know, but would happily wait for them anyway. Right now, though, they needed a snack. They were starving.

They reach the kitchen doorway, and immediately wish they hadn't. They freeze in place, dropping their bear, and let out a bloodcurdling scream. There, in the middle of the kitchen, lay Harry, Robin, and Doi. Dead. Bloody. Demised.

Tears pour down the young child's face as they run up to the scene, and fall to their knees. They pinch themselves repeatedly, hoping and praying to whatever god that would or could listen that it was just a dream. Please, please let it be just another dream! It doesn't seem like pinching is working, and they panic more. Their vocal cords burn from the screaming, and their arm stings and burns from the pinching that had gotten progressively harder the more frantic they became. They were desperate to wake up. It has to be a dream, right? This can't be real, it can't be! WAKE UP, PLEASE, WAKE UP!

If one listened closely, beyond the broken screams and cries of the child, a bunch of noise could be heard upstairs, rapidly approaching the kitchen.

The child watched in horror as the bodies of the ones they had grown to trust and care for disappeared, leaving no trace behind other than a pool of blood. All that could be heard now was footsteps and the shaky cries of the child on the floor.

"Y/N?"

They turn around at the voice. It couldn't be... but it was.

They bolted to the person the voice belonged to, tears streaming down their cheeks. It was Harry, with Robin and Doi not far behind. The child is pulled into a much needed hug by Harry, with Robin joining almost immediately after. Doi picks up Y/N's discarded bear before joining the group hug himself. And Y/N just lets themself cry. They're here. They're alive. They're okay.

Once they could speak properly, Y/N began to explain what they saw. The bodies. The blood. The gore. Everything. The three looked confused, as if this wasn't something they were supposed to see. It was as if the whole dying thing was normal to them, but the fact that they'd seen the bodies was the part that wasn't normal. It wasn't long before Doi looked at the clock.

"Oh, it's twelve o'clock." he said, his voice laced with confusion.

"That's strange..." Robin said, looking at the clock as well. "The... uh, incident happened a few hours ago... so why now are we back? Usually it's all cleaned up sooner."

"What if..." Harry whispers to no one in particular. "What if he wanted them to see it?"

The four slowly glance to where the bodies used to be, in the middle of the kitchen. Y/N looks away, not wanting to see it anymore. They'd seen enough. Robin groans at the sight of all the blood left behind.

"Ugh, it's going to take forever to get those stains out!"

Robin stood up, separating from the hug, and went to grab some cleaning supplies. Doi had also separated from the hug, having moved a bit to the side so he could see Y/N easier. He handed back the bear, quietly, to a grateful Y/N. Y/N was still in Harry's arms, and it didn't seem like they wanted to let go any time soon, as if the three would disappear again if they let go.

"Hey, Y/N," Harry's voice cut through their racing thoughts. "What do you want to do now? You know, to get your mind off of this for now."

"I don't know." Y/N shrugged, their throat still a little sore.

"Maybe we can start lunch now? Since we didn't eat breakfast!" Doi pipes in.

"That sounds like a plan." Harry said, watching as Doi ran into the kitchen past Robin, who quickly reminded him to watch out for the blood.

He smiled slightly, and stood up, still carrying Y/N in his arms. He looked at Y/N.

"What would you like for- Y/N?"

Harry had started to ask a question, before he noticed they were just staring at nothing.

"Hey, Y/N." Harry says softly, patting the kid's back.

Y/N quickly looks up at him, having been snapped out of whatever trance they were in.

"Did you want to help?"

Y/N nods quietly, a small smile forms on their face, which Harry reciprocates.

He walks into the kitchen, stepping very carefully around Robin who was busy cleaning up the floor. Harry stopped to ask what he'd like for lunch. Meanwhile, Y/N slipped back into their thoughts; one pressed against their mind, like it was being branded on with a pair of burning tongs.

'What does Roy even want from us?'

[1011 words (not counting A/N)]

AYUP I'M BACK, BABY, LES GOOOO-

Well, I hope this was worth the wait! I have the next chapter planned out and I'll be working on that soon! The first quarter ended for me yesterday, the 11th, and I was so tied up in school!

(Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure I got sick but I had to go anyway since I had 2 finals this past week so my grades depended on it lol)

Since the 2nd quarter starts Monday, I should be a lot less burdened with school, at least for a little bit.

Hope you're all doing well, dear readers! :D