CHAPTER XIII: COLLEGE AND I AM GROWING

It has been three weeks staying with Shirley she has been taking such great care of me and I pay her back by fixing and cleaning the house. Once a week I even run the store even tho I didn't like the thought of it at first I thought it would be scary and I would see a lot of people who did the same thing as me, or just stole something and decided to sell it but it was just people who needed money for things like an engagement ring, someone wanted to buy a doll as a gift and some other stuff this job was nice and calming, I just always had it at the back of my mind what if Aoi comes back here and sees me working here, the thought of that scared to me almost to death. One day a woman came in and saw the dress and things aoi bought for me, she wanted to buy it but Shirley immediately said "I am sorry this is not for sale." I was shocked. Shirley gave me her grand daughter's old room and her clothes which were nice the only time was that I was a little too big for some of her dresses and I didn't like some of the dresses there. They were too revealing so I just mostly wore her trousers, jeans, and shirts.

"Shirley..." I said looking at her.

"Yes?" She answered looking back at me.

"Do you think I will be ready to go to college next month I don't think I am especially when I am still not safe from Aoi." I said and looked at her.

We were in the living room upstairs and Shirley sat down beside me

"I have made sure he wouldn't find you because the school is one of those rich people schools that don't allow people who don't have approval to enter, the best part is that they don't get intimate with people like Tsukumo." She smiled and pat my back " You'll be safe there."

I just hugged her tightly and she hugged me back and giggled.

"My granddaughter was never this affectionate towards me."

"Ooh..." I said

"She was always trying to be her person she has been like that since her parents died, I guess you're the only family I have now Y/n." She said and I looked down

"Shirley if I do leave this place to move back with my mom again would you like to follow me?"

"Ooh I would have a family again, of course, I would love to."
She smiled and I smiled back

"Shirley is almost 70 I think she would be alive till then, please do."

"Thank you again, Shirley." I smiled at her.

For the rest of the days before college started. I and Shirley went shopping for more clothes, I got a new haircut/hair which made me feel happy, I always wanted to get my hair done when I could. Then we spent the rest of our time together in the store and the house, I told her stories about my old home, I told her more about me and Aoi and all the stuff he got me and we watched then she came to a conclusion.

"Did you later have a crush on him?" She asked, I blushed and hugged a pillow, and nodded. Which made her laugh

"But you got over it because you're here with me now." I nodded again and smiled.

Then the day finally came, I was standing outside the gate looking at it then I sighed and walked into the school. There were a lot of people my age around but I tried not to bring attention to myself again because I don't want you to find me or see me. I got a notification from my phone I took it out to see it was from Shirley because she is the only person that I have their number

"Good luck on your first day🥰😘🥰😍"

I giggled  "I shouldn't have thought her how to use emojis" I giggled again feel much more relaxed and walking. Only to get pulled into a hug from the back which made me scared and uncomfortable I was about to cry because I was so scared but I turned to see an old friend her eyes filled with water and her blonde hair had grown long and reached her back her brown eyes were looking duller and her eye bags were more visible. The other one had grown taller, his blue eyes more divine and he looked like he had no eye bags because he had been getting enough sleep, she looked more like an anime fan girl and he looked like a normal teenager.